X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• justbroke
    replied
    Welcome to BKForum.

If you are actually posting your real name I would ask that you remain anonymous. While many friendships are forged here on BKForum, we like to keep things anonymous to prevent any issues with your identity. Thank you and Welcome to BKForum!

Leave a comment:

• shipo
    replied
    It depends upon your definition of "recover". The fact is, you can buy a car not long after your discharge, but you will be on the hook for a high interest rate. As for a home, there are lots of guidelines on getting a mortgage after a bankruptcy, assuming a Chapter 7 here, as a general rule, two years is typical.

Leave a comment:

• kmpenta
    started a topic how long?

how long?

Im just wondering how long, on average, will it take our credit to recover so we can purchase a car, home, etc? My husband and I are both unemployed at the moment, but he should be starting a job soon. Staying with my parents and hoping we will be able to have a fresh start after the bankruptcy is finalized. - [name removed by moderator]
    Last edited by justbroke; 11-09-2023, 06:46 PM. Reason: [moderator removed personal information]

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X