top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arizona Chapter 7 Bankruptcy - A.R.S.§ 33-1126(A)(11) currently under review?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arizona Chapter 7 Bankruptcy - A.R.S.§ 33-1126(A)(11) currently under review?

I am seeking information about currently proposed changes to A.R.S.§ 33-1126(A)(11) and whether this matter is currently under review by the State Supreme Court. A bankruptcy trustee informed me that it is in question without providing further concrete information.

I've been informed that there is a case under review by the State Supreme Court, but I have not been able to find any information about this matter.
    I've been told it may affect the general applicability of A.R.S.§ 33-1126(A)(11) to the estates of bankruptcy filings from 2023.

You should probably ask despritfreya. Most of us do not track cases concerning exemptions outside our own State. Even if I was in Arizona, that would probably not be on my radar.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

The case was decided two days ago. See:

Chapter 7 Trustee lost. AZ SC totally rejected David Birdsell's claim that Prop. 209 expressly repealed subsection (A)(11).​

In answering the certified question, we hold that Prop. 209’s passage did not expressly or implicitly repeal subsection (A)(11). Thus, subsection (A)(11) remains operable​.
      Des.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X