No announcement yet.

"Links"...for Members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS Income Tax Refund Calculator. Allows you guestimate the amount of refund to expect and possibly exempt during your filing process:

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/artic...=96196,00.html
    Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
    Discharged - 12/2006
    Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
    Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

I moved your post here, CMIYC. Great Link!

http://www.thebklawyer.com/thebkblog/

Now people can just click and go.
        Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
        Discharged - 12/2006
        Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
        Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Vital Records

A listing of where to write for vital records in each state.
          To get birth, death, marriage, or divorce records.
          Last edited by JollyGG; 03-06-2007, 07:07 AM.
          Filed: 10/26/2006
          Discharged: 03/05/2007
          Closed: 5/19/2008 - Asset case due to balance transfer and income tax refund

Comment

Truecredit walmart link

Credit monitoring services. $11.21 a month for unlimited 3 bureau access with scores.

Last edited by JollyGG; 03-12-2007, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Very Useful Tool Thought I Would Share

I found this tool on the INTERNET...its a trial but unlimited. Its the same type of programming your attorney uses when he does your bankruptcy. You type in all the information and can print it. It will say demo on everything so you cant use it to file. But, since I decided to file on my own I have been entering all the information and will print from this tool and then review and make necessary corrections then transfer it to the actual paperwork before filing. I have been using it for a few weeks now I like it and it goes as far as to giving explanation of what each form is and what you need it for and what to input. I wanted it to share someone might find it as useful as I have.

~You should always check the source otherwise its just a Tabloid"~Tahnya

Comment

This site explains it all

Not sure if this has been posted before but this IRS site explains everything ie why a case would get dismissed, what trustees look for, etc.

Most of this stuff is covered here but this is a great link for newbiew or pro se filers.
                Success is reachable, stretch out your arm and grab it.

Comment

Both are great sites for understanding what creditors can and cannot do to you if you are behind in payments, facing harrassing phone calls...etc

Fair Debt Collection Practices Act As amended by Public Law 111-203, title X, 124 Stat.

We’re sorry, we can’t find the page you're looking for.

Comment

Also, even though your student loans are usually on your credit report, you can go to www.nslds.ed.gov and look up your loans and who has them now.

Good luck!
                    Last edited by SinkingFast; 08-03-2007, 08:10 PM. Reason: Copied this post here. Really useful link for folks.
                    Chapter 7 filed 4/23/07
                    341 Meeting 5/22/07
                    Last day for Objections 7/23/07 - Discharged 7/25/07 - Closed 7/31/07
                    On to rebuilding!

Comment

Median income levels Feb 2007

Median income levels October 15 2007

Last edited by JollyGG; 11-06-2007, 06:33 AM. Reason: add median income link for October 15 2007

Comment

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

A blog offering hope to those who are going through or who have been through the humiliation of bankruptcy. Not a financial or legal help site, rather an encouragement that life goes on.

CS
                        See my blog: Hope for the Bankrupt

Comment

Quality Lawyer Blog from a Full Service debt solution firm in Colorado, the blog allows users to ask questions, so could be useful.

Comment

Help in determining food expenses

http://www.cnpp.usda.gov/Publication...fFoodJan09.pdf
                            Scared to file. Scared not to file.

Comment

Better Means Test (IMO)

I hated the means test at legalconsumer.com enough to go and write my own. Give it a try it very easy to use:

DebtStinks
                              Filed Chapter 7: 06/09/09
                              341 Meeting: 07/16/09
                              Discharged: 09/21/09
                              Case Closed: 09/25/09

Comment

Tollfree Phone Call Identification

I found this site extremely useful when the collections calls started. There is tons of info on how to deal with collection agencies. How to deal with debt that's been sold dozens of times to junk debt collectors(bottom feeders).

I learned on this site that when you call a tollfree number, because the owner pays for the call, they automatically get the caller id info & link it to your account. CallerID blocking DOES NOT work when calling tf#s. I had called one of my cc cs for a current balance using my cell phone, and once I had gotten behind on payments, when I didn't answer my landline, they immediately called my cell phone. I couldn't figure out how they got my cell # until I had visited this site. Be cautious what phones you use when calling tollfree #'s. If possible use a pay phone.
                                Last edited by silly50; 02-09-2010, 03:31 AM. Reason: additional info
                                Filed Chapter 7 (no asset): 10/16/09
                                341 Meeting: 12/1/09
                                Last day for objections: 2/1/10
                                Discharged: 2/2/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X