• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

age 25 and in 100k in debt, i want to die

i have been contemplating to commit sucide these couple of weeks

i am way over my head

my monthly bills are about 3,300 and i have no job

it all started when i turned 18, i got my first few credit cards, started working, started putting on debt.

one of the main reasons is cars.....i've changed over 4 cars since 18, never finished financed and i kept on changing cars.

i estimate about 60k were spent on 4 cars, a 87 honda civic, a 04 dodge sedan, 02 nissan sedan, and now recently from last year, a 06 ford explorer.

the other 40k are from wasted spending on no value of worth

i am scheduling a visit with a credit counsler but i need some words of advice

i'm from the new york city region

thanks people for the advice, i just can't sleep these days, i really think about death, even though i doubt i can "pull the trigger"

i won't be making my payments starting this month, i only have about 5k in my bank. however i will make my payment for the loan i cosigned with my relative to protect his credit. i will be finding a night job to have some money.

right now i am attending school and trying to finish up my associates, i really want to pursue my bachelor's in computer security.

but i fraked up my life already, i dropped out of high school early, started working - instead of saving the low pay i get - i go and build on 100k in debt

this is my debt:

30k in bank loan -600 per month
    30k in bank loan 2 (cosigned with relative!) 800 per month
    35k in credit card (one credit card) 650 month
    12k in credit line 300 per month

this is my living expenses currently

500 in rent (near my school)
    389 car lease per month
    45 cell phone bill

i have no house or own any stocks, i really fraked up my life and i wish to start over.

i searched the Us DOJ website and i found their list of credit conseling(of course, the new bankruptcy law i am required) their company is GreenPath

they have an office close by to where i live

thanks again
    Last edited by silturbo; 12-10-2006, 05:37 AM.
    100k+ in debt

Nothing is worth losing your life....especially finances. it can be fixed with a lot of work and some time. many of us here faced your same overwhelmed feeling. It does get better. Maybe BK is a good option for you. Credit Counseling is a good place to start but PLEASE be sure it is with a reputable company that is approved. (does someone have that link again? i can never find it in a search!) some of the credit counseling co. are scams and others are not. What is your income level? household size, etc. Are your debts secured or unsecured? Give us more info and maybe we can offer some more advice. Bottom line is this is nothing to die for!!!! Seriously, it feels that way, but its not. If you feel like hurting yourself pick up the phone and dial 911 or 411 and ask for a suicide hotline. Please give yourself a chance to fix this. You have taken a couple of good first steps and you have now found some friends to help support you here on this site. We have all been around here for a while. I'm almost a year out of my BK and cannot explain how different my financial picture is now vs. before I filed.
    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

i was in your shoes

I don't know the answers to all the other questions but I do know that putting a permanent solution on a temporary problem is not worth it. (quoted by JENNGA)

Your credit debt is nothing compared to your LIFE. When I was your age I declared Bk7. There is a good chance you will be able to file Bk7 if you do not have a steady income, you may have to give up your vehicles. As far as your cc debt, is it all unsecured?

Gambling, cars, whatever u used it for is irrelevant!

My debt wasn't as high in my early 20's so I probably shouldn't have file Bk than. AND YOU'D think I'd learn my lesson THAN. BUT NOOO here I am 15 years later and my debt is 65g's unsecured. YOU ARE NOT ALONE, and your YOUNG! TIME TO MAKE A FRESH START IN YOUR LIFE. Go to an approved CCCS and get your "certificate," than go to a couple Bk lawyers (intial consultations are FREE!) your probably looking at no less than $35-50 for the CCCS than about $1500-2000 depending on your case for a Bk lawyer!

This forum is great and very supportive, WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT for different reasons.

OTHERS WILL CHIME IN HERE and help you feel more secure about your LIFE!

Good Luck, Catchmeifyoucan
      July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
      Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
      Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
      Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

If you're thinking of committing suicide, you must contact a hospital immediately. Hopefully the moderators can help facilitate this if necessary.

Comment

thanks people for the advice, i just can't sleep these days, i really think about death, even though i doubt i can "pull the trigger"

i won't be making my payments starting this month, i only have about 5k in my bank. however i will make my payment for the loan i cosigned with my relative to protect his credit. i will be finding a night job to have some money.

right now i am attending school and trying to finish up my associates, i really want to pursue my bachelor's in computer security.

but i fraked up my life already, i dropped out of high school early, started working - instead of saving the low pay i get - i go and build on 100k in debt

this is my debt:

30k in bank loan -600 per month
          30k in bank loan 2 (cosigned with relative!) 800 per month
          35k in credit card (one credit card) 650 month
          12k in credit line 300 per month

this is my living expenses currently

500 in rent (near my school)
          389 car lease per month
          45 cell phone bill

i have no house or own any stocks, i really fraked up my life and i wish to start over.

i searched the Us DOJ website and i found their list of credit conseling(of course, the new bankruptcy law i am required) their company is GreenPath

they have an office close by to where i live

thanks again
          Last edited by silturbo; 12-09-2006, 07:53 PM.
          100k+ in debt

Comment

thanks so much for your advice, i hope you can get out of your current dillemma right now

Originally posted by CATCHMEIFYOUCAN View Post
            I don't know the answers to all the other questions but I do know that putting a permanent solution on a temporary problem is not worth it. (quoted by JENNGA)

Your credit debt is nothing compared to your LIFE. When I was your age I declared Bk7. There is a good chance you will be able to file Bk7 if you do not have a steady income, you may have to give up your vehicles. As far as your cc debt, is it all unsecured?

Gambling, cars, whatever u used it for is irrelevant!

My debt wasn't as high in my early 20's so I probably shouldn't have file Bk than. AND YOU'D think I'd learn my lesson THAN. BUT NOOO here I am 15 years later and my debt is 65g's unsecured. YOU ARE NOT ALONE, and your YOUNG! TIME TO MAKE A FRESH START IN YOUR LIFE. Go to an approved CCCS and get your "certificate," than go to a couple Bk lawyers (intial consultations are FREE!) your probably looking at no less than $35-50 for the CCCS than about $1500-2000 depending on your case for a Bk lawyer!

This forum is great and very supportive, WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT for different reasons.

OTHERS WILL CHIME IN HERE and help you feel more secure about your LIFE!

Good Luck, Catchmeifyoucan
            100k+ in debt

Comment

thanks so much friend

Originally posted by cindylynnsmith View Post
              Nothing is worth losing your life....especially finances. it can be fixed with a lot of work and some time. many of us here faced your same overwhelmed feeling. It does get better. Maybe BK is a good option for you. Credit Counseling is a good place to start but PLEASE be sure it is with a reputable company that is approved. (does someone have that link again? i can never find it in a search!) some of the credit counseling co. are scams and others are not. What is your income level? household size, etc. Are your debts secured or unsecured? Give us more info and maybe we can offer some more advice. Bottom line is this is nothing to die for!!!! Seriously, it feels that way, but its not. If you feel like hurting yourself pick up the phone and dial 911 or 411 and ask for a suicide hotline. Please give yourself a chance to fix this. You have taken a couple of good first steps and you have now found some friends to help support you here on this site. We have all been around here for a while. I'm almost a year out of my BK and cannot explain how different my financial picture is now vs. before I filed.
              100k+ in debt

Comment

You've already gotten excellent advice, silturbo. Please trust us - finances are never, ever worth your life! Here are links to suicide hotlines in the New York City area -

And here's the number for the US National Suicide Hotline - National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)

PLEASE CALL RIGHT NOW! The counselors can help you deal with the overwhelming despair you feel right now and you won't feel so alone and isolated any more.

And to be sure that the credit counseling agency you are working with is a reputable one, the list of Department of Justice/US Trustee's approved credit counseling agencies is at http://www.usdoj.gov/ust/eo/bapcpa/ccde/cc_approved.htm

Please, please don't hurt yourself - that will devastate your family and friends. By coming here you are telling us that you want to find a way to fix your financial problems, and we can help. First, get the emotional support you need, then know that we are here for you to help with finding your way out of your financial problems. Please come back and let us know how you are doing - we want to help!
                I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Believe it or not, you've taken the first step to turning your life around.

Researching on the Net. Learning about your options. Finding a Credit Counselor to go and talk with.

Those are all EXCELLENT first steps!!

Finances are not a life and death issue. Finances are a Business issue.

You are in the midst of making a business decision. Just like you did when you took your first job. When you took on Credit. Going to college to get a better education to get a better job for your future. Those are business decisions.

Working to correct your financial course is nothing but a legal business decision. Nothing more, nothing less.

You need to put away the dark thoughts and look toward the future.

Remember,............. We are all here for you!!
                  Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                  Discharged - 12/2006
                  Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
                  Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

All of those debts can be erased in a BK. That $30k that your relatives cosigned, will need to be reaffirmed. Otherwise, they will just go after your relatives. Don't let down those who helped you.

Comment

All your debt can be erased in a chapter 7, giving you a 'fresh start' just like you were 18 all over again. The only things you really need to worry are any other problems you have, which you need to seek help for immediately until you start feeling better.

Comment

Listen to what all these people have told you. Your life is not over. I felt the same well and actually walked to a bridge to do it. However, this is not the solution. I make good money and still spent it on cars. Try 17 new cars in less than 15 years. This is an addiction just like others have. They bad thing for me now is that my 15 year old is the same as I brought him up this way and now am trying to fix it. At any time I now wished that someone from a credit card company or finace company had said no. They don't care. You will have your ups and downs with these decisions you now must make.

There are two things you must do now. Stand up and don't be hard on your self to the point of tortue within yoursef and also don't stick your head in the sand and ignore this. Take care of this.

This is the best site that I have ever found. The people hear what you say and do not judge. They will help and offer advice.

Finally, if you consider suicide again, think not of yourself, but all your loved ones and how this will affect them. This did help me.

Take care and this will get better. I'm just starting this process and filed in September and I take one day at a time.

Comment

thanks so much for your words, thanks for everyone who posted here; i'll be trying my best to get out of this mess, i really want to start over.

Originally posted by IN-DEBT View Post
                          Listen to what all these people have told you. Your life is not over. I felt the same well and actually walked to a bridge to do it. However, this is not the solution. I make good money and still spent it on cars. Try 17 new cars in less than 15 years. This is an addiction just like others have. They bad thing for me now is that my 15 year old is the same as I brought him up this way and now am trying to fix it. At any time I now wished that someone from a credit card company or finace company had said no. They don't care. You will have your ups and downs with these decisions you now must make.

There are two things you must do now. Stand up and don't be hard on your self to the point of tortue within yoursef and also don't stick your head in the sand and ignore this. Take care of this.

This is the best site that I have ever found. The people hear what you say and do not judge. They will help and offer advice.

Finally, if you consider suicide again, think not of yourself, but all your loved ones and how this will affect them. This did help me.

Take care and this will get better. I'm just starting this process and filed in September and I take one day at a time.
                          100k+ in debt

Comment

You can do this. Likely your BK will be over quickly. This is not worth your life in any way. It is a learnimng experience. We have all been there. Just resolve never to do it again. Discipline yourself and live within your means.

WE ALL FELT HOPELESS!! It has an end. get through the BK and start fresh. With no assets, you will not have much of a problem.
                            "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

You can start over. A close friend of mine had to file BK at a young age also and she did ok. You will too. Hang in there and keep visiting the forum. Lots of good advice and supportive people on here.

niteflytes
                              Filed Ch. 7 - 11/30/06; 341 meeting 1/10/07; Discharged 3/19/07
                              TU: 535

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X