lying on credit card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lying on credit card

Okay, I know I was wrong to lie, when I applied for some credit cards. My question is, I stated I was still employed at my old job, when I applied for a couple of cards, the reason I did this was I am unemployed, and was using credit cards to pay off other cards and to live on.
    I am still unemployed, and owe roughly 29,000.00 in credit card and one regular loan.
    My questions are, I know I have to produce my last two years of income tax filing, and that will show I was unemployed, I'm assuming I won't be able to file chapter 7 on the cards that I opened while I was not at my old job. What happens if you can't file bankruptcy and you can't pay you bills. I have no house, less than 300.00 living with my folks. I have no assets. I can't believe I'm in this mess.

Originally posted by foolishlyindebt View Post
    I know I have to produce my last two years of income tax filing, and that will show I was unemployed, I'm assuming I won't be able to file chapter 7 on the cards that I opened while I was not at my old job.
    If you got these cards in the last two years, then there is a chance that these creditors will say you filed on these cards "in bad faith" because you lied on your applications and got the credit by fraud. However, the creditors must have the original cc applications on file and be able to produce them for the court to prove their case.

Make appointments for free consultations with 3-4 bankruptcy lawyers in your area. Run this by them during the consultations. They can give you an idea of how this situation will be treated in your particular bankruptcy court and its trustees. Let us know what you find out, ok?
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

they will have to object to the bankruptcy first. You can file and they would have to object. It is possible that no one would notice that you were unemployed when you applied. I don't think anyone ask enough info to be able to sit down and do a timeline on my employement during my bk. An attorney would be able to tell you more info, but I say go for it.
      Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Well, I did something that I never thought I would. I told my Mom about me being in debit for 29,000.00 and having to file for bankruptcy. She's always said how do people let that happen. To my utter surprise she was very understanding about it. She said you should have come to us sooner, we would've helped you before it got so out of hand. You have to understand my folks come from a time where you pay your bills. You don't over extend. They never had a house payment on this house.
        Anyway, she has offered to give me the money to pay off my debit. She said why should I have to wait until they've passed on to get the money, when I need it now. So, I will not be filing for bankruptcy, and I will learn to live on a budget, and hopefully I'll get another job very soon.
        I want to thank everyone on these forums, I have found them to be very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by foolishlyindebt View Post
          To my utter surprise she was very understanding about it.
          So often we are so sure that we know what our loved ones are going to say....and so often we are absolutely wrong! Fantastic that you told your mom and that she really does understand.

Anyway, she has offered to give me the money to pay off my debit. She said why should I have to wait until they've passed on to get the money, when I need it now. So, I will not be filing for bankruptcy, and I will learn to live on a budget, and hopefully I'll get another job very soon.
          What an incredible gift! The very best way you can pay your mom back is to take these hard financial lessons to heart by figuring out a budget to live within your means and stick to it. Good luck in your job hunt, and be sure to come back and let us know how your new journey is going, ok? We're full of good advice here on how to get by with almost no money!
          I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
          06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
          07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
          10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
          01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
          09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
          06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
          08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
          Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

good for you....learn young man and appreciate what god and your parents are doing for you
            and in the future try not to lie on applications...if you watch, you only really need 1 credit card...best of luck...keep us posted how you are doing....guzzie
            case filed : 6 -5-2007 :blush2:
            DISCHARGED ...9-26-2007..:yahoo::yahoo:
            case closed : 11-13-2007 :yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Good to have relatives that can do that for you .

Learn well and right the course so you don't end up here again
              May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
              July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
              September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X