Employer unwilling to provide paystubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Employer unwilling to provide paystubs

Does anyone know if employers are obligated to give out paystubs? My wife needs her last six months paystubs but her employer is being an ass and will not give it to her. He never provided her but one or two ever since. Of course my wife being the naive person she is will not stand up to him. She quit due to stress.
    Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Try the human resources manager. We had to go that route to get hubbies. They made copies and faxed them to us. Also maybe the payroll department?
    Good luck.
    5/17/2006 Filed Chapter 13
    6/14/2006 341 meeting
    7/10/2006 Plan Confirmed
    9/12/2007 DISCHARGED,10/15/2007 CLOSED

Comment

Originally posted by gamom02 View Post
      Try the human resources manager. We had to go that route to get hubbies. They made copies and faxed them to us. Also maybe the payroll department?
      Good luck.
      Unfortunate they are a small outfit, 3 people total. The owner IS they payroll person.

Comment

Do they go through ADP/Paychex? If not, then she simply has to tell them that she needs them for a legal matter.
        Filed 07/07, $120k unsecured debt
        Plan: $400 (includes cram down) 60 months
        Brilliant attorney, decent trustee, awesome plan

Comment

Originally posted by qwertysue View Post
          Do they go through ADP/Paychex? If not, then she simply has to tell them that she needs them for a legal matter.
          He does it thru quickbooks so no.

Comment

Since your wife has already quit and neither of you seems able to push this far enough to get the paystubs yourselves, ask your lawyer to send the owner a letter on legal letterhead requesting the necessary gross income paystubs "for a legal matter". See if that moves the owner off the dime.
            I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
            06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
            07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
            10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
            01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
            09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
            06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
            08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
            Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Originally posted by lrprn View Post
              Since your wife has already quit and neither of you seems able to push this far enough to get the paystubs yourselves, ask your lawyer to send the owner a letter on legal letterhead requesting the necessary gross income paystubs "for a legal matter". See if that moves the owner off the dime.
              That was my next step once I talk to the lawyer tuesday. thanks.

Comment

the laywer thing will get it done, I wouldn't worry. The will have to provide it at year end for w-2 purposes anyway so its not like it can be a secret forever. They will provide when the lawyer requests it, I assure you of it. They are just being &$*%(^'s! The would probably provide it to her if she sent a formal letter now requesting it for "legal/financial reasons unrelated to her employement"
                Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

That is crazy! I needed back paystubs too, so they just did a printout for me of all of my pay periods. I did not have all of the paystubs, but this worked.
                  Filed chapter 7 on 9-21-07 :yahoo:
                  meeting of creditors 10-24-07 :unsure:
                  Discharged on Dec. 28 :yahoo::clapping::D:yes2:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X