Addicted to this Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Addicted to this Forum

Anyone else checking this forum as often as you check your email? I never been a support group type of person, but I am really glad to have this forum. It's not like you can consult your coworkers or friends on these issues.
    Thank you !!!!

And thank you to the mods, for keeping things in line. This is one of the more comprehensible message boards/forums I've seen.
    04/03/2008- Filed for BK CH7-Middle District of FL
    04/04/2008- Found out I have the more "laid back" trustee- the other one is a real bear, I hear. Yay!
    05/06/2008- 341 meeting held

Yeah, I am.

I'm not online every day, but I do check this site just as often as I check email... and yes, the mods are excellent here. I especially loved how quickly they dealt with that cussin' freak who was posting here a day or so ago: they had him off so fast it was all over by the time I got online. I would never have even known he was here had it not been for people who quoted him. If only the mods here could put out a tip jar...
    Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

Since I mainly work in front of the computer most of the day, I have a Browser Tab open on this forum most of the time.

How else do you think I am able to get 5600+ posts.

Comment

I check in a few times a night. I have no life. I guess I just want to see recent posts.
        Not all those who wander are lost....

--J. R. R. Tolkien

Comment

I check the forum daily and I, too, am very thankful for having this support. Mods are great and so are all the posters.

I'm over 6 months past my discharge/closing but I still have a great affection for BK Forum. I don't post quite as much as I used to but try to give a hearty "congrats" when posters give us some good news, and I try to share my own personal experiences as much as I can.
          Filed Ch. 7 June 14, 2007
          341 Meeting July 19, 2007
          Discharged September 17, 2007
          Closed September 17, 2007

Comment

Thank God for this forum. The Mods are lifesavers. This is a great source of support and information for me. I usually check it 3-4 times a day and wouldn't know what to do without it. It is addictive. Thanks again.
            Filed Chapter 7 (Primarily Business Expenses) 04/10/2008 FICO 468 :cry:
            341 on 05/06/08:unsure:House appraisal on day 63:blink: 07/10/2008 Discharged-Asset Case!!!:yahoo:08/09 Transu 559, Equifax 636, Experian 647
            Case Closed 07/15/2009 :D:yahoo:

Comment

Even people who ALREADY closed/discharged their BK cases should at least check this site regularly so to read others and to REMIND them to live frugal and SAVE more $$$... and to AVOID another BK event in future.

Comment

I love this forum! I have alotted myself forum breaks, otherwise I'd be sitting here all day reading posts instead of doing my actual day job I have gained so much valuable information from everyone here and gotten quite a few laughs. I just wish that all of us here had been able to come together under better circumstances....like the "I won the lottery, and now what do i do with my millions" forum.
                Filed Ch 7 2/21/08
                Discharged 6/5/08!!!!

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."~ Roger Caras

Comment

Gosh, I am glad I'm not the only one! I don't always go down and check the computer when I get home from work, but since I discovered this place I'm down checking it most nights.

My husband keeps telling me to chill out, but I just want to see what's going on. I can't help myself!
                  Filed C7: 3/21/08
                  341 Meeting: 4/23/08
                  Objections to discharge due: 6/23/08
                  Discharged 6/30/08

Comment

Originally posted by Teddy View Post
                    My husband keeps telling me to chill out, but I just want to see what's going on. I can't help myself!

Mine too! I love the look on his face when I ask the lawyer questions or when I already know the meaning of foreign bk lingo. The education received here is priceless.
                    Filed: 3/12/08
                    341 Meeting: 4/11/08
                    Last day to oppose: 6/10/08

Comment

Fellow junkie checking in as well . This site keeps me informed and sane when it comes to this whole bk mess! I love you guys!
                      11/14/07 -filed C7 12/04/07 -case pulled for random audit.12/18/07 -341 held: Asset case due to engagement ring & tax return.02/19/08 - US trustee files motion to extend. 04/02/08- changed back to NO ASSET! I get my ring back and get to keep my tax return! :clapping: 04/28/08 -DISCHARGED!!! :yahoo::yahoo: 05/07/08 - CLOSED!!!

Comment

yep, I use my PDA to check during the day to check..
                        Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

I love this forum too. I wish I had found this *before* I filed, but I didn't. I've been discharged since Nov. 2007 but I plan on sticking around to help where and when I can and to give moral support. I know it feels like we're going at it alone and so I want others to know we're here and understand.
                          Chapter 13 Filed "Old Law"
                          Filed: 6/2003 Confirmed: 3/2004
                          Early pay off sent: 10/05/2007 - 9 months early
                          11/16/2007 - Discharged!

Comment

my husband called me an addict just yesterday! well at least Im no longer being teased about myspace! hee hee! This forum actually shined a light at the end of my tunnel! And eventually I will be out of it! whoa whoo!
                            filed Ch 7 3/13/08
                            341 meeting 4/8/08
                            last day for objections 6/9/08
                            which I will be in Sierra Leone Africa on a mission trip! maybe when I get back I will be discharged! whoo who!

Comment

I usually check this site 2-3 times a week in the evening. I found this site about 3 months after I filed. It has been a godsent!!! Thanks everyone for being there.
                              sigpicPersevere: "To continue a course of action, in spite of difficulty, opposition or discouragement."

Chapter 13: Discharged 03/15/2010. Closed 05/19/2010::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X