No announcement yet.

Addicted to this Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been here quite a bit since I filed. It helps calm my nerves as I go through the 60 day wait period. 50 more days to go.

Comment

It always helps to hear what others are going through when you are going through a tough time. I would be lost without my BK forum fix.
      Filed Chap. 7 - 9/21/2007
      341- 10/29/2007

Comment

Yes this is my favorite place to go when I am on the net. If I have a day off, then I am on and off all day long. If I work, then soon as suppers done, here I am again, right up until I go to bed.

I love coming here, I feel like I am with people who understand our lives right now. Right now that is where I want to be more then anything. So yes I am addicted, totally addicted. Best day was when I typed into google "bankruptcy forums" and here all of you were. Thanks Goodness!!
        Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

Ya you guys all understand what I loser I am to let myself charge so much on my credit cards to end up in this position. I can't believe I have done this to myself and my family. It is NOBODY's fault but my own that I am here. It's good to vent and ask questions but there is really no excuse for my BK. I kinda wish they would make me suffer through 10 years of payments just to teach me a lesson.
          I am grateful for everyone's input and support though!! Thank you!
          Filed: October 1, 2007 341: December 10, 2007
          CONFIRMED: December 10, 2007
          Payment: $825 / Mo. for 5 Years-29 MONTHS OF Pmts Down 23 to go!

Comment

Hey I love this place, I wish the site would crash as I find myself here way to much and I miss my favorite shows reading here......
            Started in Chapt 13 Switched to Chapt 7 Discharged 2009 Dec.........Filed New Chapt 13 in 2010 to deal with new surgery bill and stripped second mortgage! The story continues

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
              How else do you think I am able to get 5600+ posts.
              Tee hee! Right there with you, HHM - up over 5000 posts myself now

Sometimes work makes me miss a day or two reading what everyone is up to, but I'm always here in spirit. Don't know what I would do without all of you helping make such a difficult experience surviveable. And to find such unexpected joy here too - what a gift!

My heartfelt thanks go to every member here for making our forum such an incredibly healing place for so many people during some of their darkest hours.
              I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
              06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
              07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
              10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
              01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
              09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
              06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
              08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
              Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Originally posted by my4devils View Post
                Mine too! I love the look on his face when I ask the lawyer questions or when I already know the meaning of foreign bk lingo. The education received here is priceless.

I loved the look on my lawyer's face when I asked him all the right questions. I actually stumped him on one. Never did get an answer so am listening to my gut on it.

I miss a day or two here and there on this forum, but they days I am online, I check it often.

ep
                California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

You know what, when we met with our lawyer, he told me I was well educated on BK!! Too funny. He was amazed I had brought so much paperwork with us. No Thanks to DH, he has yet to research BK on the net.

I always research anything and everything on the net before making any major decision. It's nice to feel so well informed on something that has such a major impact on our lives. Now if I could only get my DH to sit here and learn what is going to take place, and how to prepare for it. I have had to learn on here and then teach my hubby. He doesn't worry like I do, but in this case, I think it's best someone worry. Being prepared can only help when your going thru something so important!
                  Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

I've been discharged for 4 years now. am doing quite well, and still visit this BK forum. I filed under the "old" laws, so I'm limited in the type of responses I can give.

My bankruptcy was possibly the most traumatic period in my life, so I try to help others understand that bad things DO happen to good people, and that there is no shame in that. As someone else said, BK is "a business decision." It took a while, but I finally understood it.
                    BK 7 filed and discharged in 2004 after 30+ years of perfect credit. Life HAPPENS.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X