Being VERY Nasty??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being VERY Nasty??

I am leaving another state (Misery) I have a beater that I got myself roped into for paying. I am going to leave it at the dealer (They are also where I pay for it) but was wondering if it would make a bit of difference if I left the paperwork or not?

No, I have NOT transferred the title, nor even paid the sales tax (In my previous state, they HAD to do that as it was law, but not here) I know the state will chase me, but that's for later discussion.

I know, that thinking along the lines I am thinking, is being just as lousy as they are, were will be. But was curious...I might "Lose" the paperwork, would cause them a handful of problems, nothing like I'll have anyway...

Your opinion???

I wouldn't just leave it there. You'll end up with a bill for towing, storage and any other crap they can think of. Better to just deal with it above board.

Comment

IF you are filing BK, it won't matter what charges they tack on.
      Filed Chap. 7 - 9/21/2007
      341- 10/29/2007

Comment

Originally posted by millerc507 View Post
        IF you are filing BK, it won't matter what charges they tack on.
        That's true, but then you may have more creditors to deal with and that is such a pain. I would try to be as practical as possible and just put it all behind you.

Comment

Leave it there but take care of the paperwork on your end with the DMV. Its different in different states, but you will need to file paperwork for a release of liability or at the least a non-operation. otherwise you will be reported to the DMV for not having insurance (that's assuming you do now)

Good luck.
          Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Well, I guess it WOULD be "Lowering" myself to their style. So, I'll just leave it with paperwork.

Regarding title transfer, again, not worried as I am cancelling insurance (It dies today at midnight) and that not "Having insurance" won't bother my license as I NEVER GOT ONE FROM THIS STATE!!.

So, my license is not affected, nor driving record (Oh, I am such a naughty boy!) (Yeah, I know, but I really like the avatar I used, good artist)

Anyway, I suspected most (IF not all) would say "Just dump it there and walk away" So, I will...

I'll return once more, someday (When I get myself resettled) and then it'll be "Buckle down and get-r-done" regarding the bk...

Thanks to all who commented.

Comment

your no insurance ding will be tramsmitted to every other state thru AAMVA network. It will also be in the insurance companies' network.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X