Stimulus coming earlier than expected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stimulus coming earlier than expected

I read an article this morning about how the stimulus are starting to be direct deposited as early as Monday, I guess I'm gonna have to phone up my trustee and ask him what he's gonna do about it or even if he wants it. I know with my tax refund I filed a homestead deed on it, and I wonder if he'll let me do that? I really need to go to the dentist to get a crown, and it just so happens that my crown is going to be 600.00 the exact amount of my stimulus. A lot of people are telling me not to worry about telling the trustee, but I can't lie, that's Bankruptcy Fraud! So I'm gonna do what we all need to do. Phone up the trustee and pray to God that he doesn't take it let's all pray it works out for us all
    Filed 01/31/08
    341 03/10/08:
    Last day for Objections 05/09/2008
    DISCHARGED AND CLOSED 05/12/2008

If you received the initial letter in the mail from the IRS as we did, it states that prior to you receiving the rebate, you will receive another letter from them verifying you will be getting a rebate. Has anyone received one of those letters yet?

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Originally posted by cirnrab View Post
      I read an article this morning about how the stimulus are starting to be direct deposited as early as Monday, I guess I'm gonna have to phone up my trustee and ask him what he's gonna do about it or even if he wants it. I know with my tax refund I filed a homestead deed on it, and I wonder if he'll let me do that? I really need to go to the dentist to get a crown, and it just so happens that my crown is going to be 600.00 the exact amount of my stimulus. A lot of people are telling me not to worry about telling the trustee, but I can't lie, that's Bankruptcy Fraud! So I'm gonna do what we all need to do. Phone up the trustee and pray to God that he doesn't take it let's all pray it works out for us all
      If you need dental work, get it in writing (and the cost) from your dentist and provide it to your attorney showing you need dental work done that cannot wait and you would like to use those funds to pay for that dental work.

Comment

I filed pro se, so I guess I'll just have to tell the trustee, and give him my dental estimate?
        Filed 01/31/08
        341 03/10/08:

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
          If you received the initial letter in the mail from the IRS as we did, it states that prior to you receiving the rebate, you will receive another letter from them verifying you will be getting a rebate. Has anyone received one of those letters yet?
          I received the first letter, but I never got another letter after that. I did go on the irs.gov site and did the little test to see if I was eligible and I was for 600.00 So who knows? I still don't understand why trustees would even want it to begin with considering this money is supposed to stimulate the economy! If we give our stimulus to our creditors that we are declaring bankruptcy on, we're still poor and the creditors are still screwing people over with outrageous interest rates, and late fees. So are we really stimulating the Economy ? Plus now the president says we can spend it on gas and food. Of course he wants us to buy more gas! So they can continue to raise the prices so in turn he gets more money in his pocket! I just wanted to get a stinking crown done on my tooth lol
          Filed 01/31/08
          341 03/10/08:

Comment

Stimulus Payment Schedule for Tax Returns

Economic stimulus payments will be issued according to the last two-digits of the main filer's Social Security number. People who use direct deposit also will be among the first to receive the payments starting May 2. Paper checks will be put in the mail starting May 16.

DIRECT DEPOSIT
            Last two SSN digits:
            Payment will be transmitted:

00 through 20 May 2

21 through 75 May 9

76 through 99 May 16

PAPER CHECK
            Last two SSN digits:
            Payments will be mailed by:

00 through 09 May 16

10 through 18 May 23

19 through 25 May 30

26 through 38 June 6

39 through 51 June 13

52 through 63 June 20

64 through 75 June 27

76 through 87 July 4

88 through 99 July 11
            July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
            Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
            Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
            Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Stimulus Payment Schedule for Tax Returns

Payment starting dates are moved up about a week.

Economic stimulus payments will be issued according to the last two-digits of the main filer's Social Security number. People who use direct deposit also will be among the first to receive the payments starting April 28.

The first cycle of paper checks will be mailed starting May 9 and continuing through May 16.
              “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

I can't wait! The stimulus is going to pay the rest of what I owe to my lawyer... the paperwork is done and all he's been waiting on is payment in full. We should be able to file next week
                Ch. 7 filed: 6/13/08, Friday the 13th!
                341 hearing: 7/10/08
                Last day for objections: 9/8/08
                Discharged: 9/18/08

Comment

Did anyone else interpret Bush's speak differently?

I saw it and the way he made it sound was that every direct deposit was going out by the end of next week. THEN, paper checks would start.

He didn't make it sound like all schedules would be bumped up a week.

The only "updated" schedules I have seen have been on "non-irs" websites....This is what the IRS site says "People who use direct deposit also will be among the first to receive the payments starting April 28."

Anyone else think it's this way?
                  Filed Chapter 7: 3-22-08
                  341 Meeting: 5-15-08 It went great!!!
                  Last day for objections: 7-14-08
                  Discharged and Closed: 7-21-08

Comment

My husband and I file a joint return, our trustee said we had to go with paper checks only, no direct deposit, so we won't be getting ours in the first round of payments. However, what I'm wondering is if anyone knows which SS# they will use for our payment date, my husband's or mine? Mine ends in 89 but if they went by his, we'd get the stimulus a month earlier. Just curious if anyone had any ideas about which one they'd use.
                    Filed CH 13 September 17, 2007
                    Plan Modified July 8, 2009 from $1100/month to $400/month due to change in income, finally discharged in July of 2013!

Comment

Originally posted by woeisme View Post
                      My husband and I file a joint return, our trustee said we had to go with paper checks only, no direct deposit, so we won't be getting ours in the first round of payments. However, what I'm wondering is if anyone knows which SS# they will use for our payment date, my husband's or mine? Mine ends in 89 but if they went by his, we'd get the stimulus a month earlier. Just curious if anyone had any ideas about which one they'd use.
                      I believe it is whomever is listed first on the tax return - the "main" filer so to speak.
                      11/14/07 -filed C7 12/04/07 -case pulled for random audit.12/18/07 -341 held: Asset case due to engagement ring & tax return.02/19/08 - US trustee files motion to extend. 04/02/08- changed back to NO ASSET! I get my ring back and get to keep my tax return! :clapping: 04/28/08 -DISCHARGED!!! :yahoo::yahoo: 05/07/08 - CLOSED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by woeisme View Post
                        If you file jointly, they will use your husband's.

Comment

Only got one letter. We are due to get ours on May 2nd, but what I read on here maybe on April 28th. It's going to go to home repairs, car repairs, and maybe if anythings left for an eye exam and glasses for me. Soon as it's gone we are filing.

I wish I could hold off til middle of July, but am afraid creditors might start getting nasty by then. Right now they are leaving us alone, but only cause they talked to our attorney. I am afraid if we don't file soon, they may come after us.
                          Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

This money received from the Economic Stimulus Act of 2008 is not income. You will not be getting a W-2 from Uncle Sam. Instead of the fat cats on Capitol Hill spending the money on their favorite pork barrel projects, they are letting us spend the money. It's simply a way of (hopefully) distributing the wealth in a more equitable fashion.

I do not think that trustees should be considering this payment as income - especially on an individual basis. The US Trustees office should rule on whether or not this trivial amount of money should be confiscated from Chapter 13 debtors.

Comment

I owe the feds for my 2007 return.......have set up an unofficial payment plan with them secondary to being in chapter 13......wonder if they will keep the stimulus check to cover part of what we owe them.......
                              Chapter 13 Filed: 11/7/07
                              341: 12/11/07
                              Confirmed: 2/17/08

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X