What was your Credit Score?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was your Credit Score?

Before your finances started to fall apart, what was your credit score? What is your score now?

760 Credit Score during summer of 2007
    591 Credit Score on Feb. 27, 2008
    573 Credit Score on May 25, 2008
    May 5, 2008 - Filed Ch7
    June 13, 2008 - 341 Meeting
    August 12, 2008 - Last day for objections... August 18, 2008 - Discharged!
    August 26, 2008 - CASE CLOSED!

Where do you find out your credit score? I have heard that different sites will charge for it but it may end up not being accurate or they each have their own way of calculating.
    5/29 Filed 7~ 341-on 6/24
    8/27-DISCHARGED
    11/2 - CLOSED
    EQ-604 EX-605 TU-560 ~4.5 months after discharge

Comment

January they were all 720 and up.

Now they are around 600.
      Last edited by Cali; 06-10-2008, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Last check, 540 Filing 6/26

Comment

Honestly, at this point I couldn't care less what my credit score was/is. My credit score does not define me. I have everything I need right now.

My credit score will build up after my bk - on its own time. It's the least of my worries.
          Filed Chapter 7 Pro-Se May 29, 2008
          341 July 1, 2008
          Discharged September 4, 2008
          Closed November 10, 2008 :-)

Comment

I took the OP's post to be more of a curiosity.

The only reason I know my credit score now is because I pulled my credit reports to make sure I had the right addresses and the right account numbers.

Originally posted by danaf View Post
            Honestly, at this point I couldn't care less what my credit score was/is. My credit score does not define me. I have everything I need right now.

My credit score will build up after my bk - on its own time. It's the least of my worries.

Comment

See below...
              Discharged November 2008 100 days after filing no-asset Chapter 7. We intended to let a two-year-old vehicle go back to the bank and reaffirm an inexpensive ten-year-old SUV and our home mortgage. In the end we surrendered ALL of our vehicles and reaffirmed NOTHING. We'll "ride through" our mortgage after the court ruled it an undue hardship.

Comment

Originally posted by danaf View Post

Amen. I am not even looking.

ep
                California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

In 2001 I had PERFECT credit in the way of no lates...EVER!!! My credit score at that time was 660....stopped paying my credit cards in 2002. Filed BK chapter 7 in 2005, discharged in Feb. 06. Credit score at that time was 540. Fast forward to 2008 and my credit score is 685. Go figure. Better after BK than before!!!!!
                  Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Feb of 2007 it was around 760, it's 720 right now, but I've stopped paying all of my credits card starting this month (never have been late or missed a payment till now), and plan on filing for bankruptcy in July. And I probably won't even bother checking my credit score till next year. I got a nice car, and just want to start over and be debt free for once.

Comment

Can you build up your credit score faster if you file bankruptcy shortly after you stop paying credit cards? I was wondering if you have a lot of 90+ days late or charge off versus 30 days late no charge offs?

Comment

Originally posted by vanzskater View Post
                        Feb of 2007 it was around 760, it's 720 right now, but I've stopped paying all of my credits card starting this month (never have been late or missed a payment till now), and plan on filing for bankruptcy in July. And I probably won't even bother checking my credit score till next year. I got a nice car, and just want to start over and be debt free for once.

Why did you stop paying on all your credit cards? Is this something people should do when planning on filing Bankruptcy in the near future?
                        Filed 10/20/08
                        Discharged 1/27/09

Comment

Mark80 - There are many threads on why people stop paying. I was advised by my attorney and on this board to stop paying on cards I am discharging in my BK. That will free up money, if you need it to hire an attorney and will help you pay for everyday basic needs.
                          Last edited by Cali; 06-12-2008, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark80 View Post
                            Why did you stop paying on all your credit cards? Is this something people should do when planning on filing Bankruptcy in the near future?
                            I was advised to stop paying on the cards that I haven't made any purchases on. It will also help me save up money for the cost of the attorney fees and filing fees.

Comment

In March of 2006 it was 745. Last time I checked it was 588.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X