No announcement yet.

Will I be getting stimulus check?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Will I be getting stimulus check?

Hi - I am very new to ch 13 - my husband and I filed this past March. We knew that we would be owing taxes and included this in our plan although there was not a specific amount until April when our taxes got done. Since then there has been an error on our tax files (an incorrect SS# for our newborn) and the irs has been going back and forth with our attorney/trustee to put the correct amount in. Now I got a letter today to say that our stimulus check was being applied to our taxes owed. I can certainly understand why they would do this but I thought we would get the stimulus since our plan included our owed taxes. Our owed taxes were approx $2700 and the stimulus check for $1800 is being applied. Any thoughts?

I'm not sure about specifics for a Ch 13, but the IRS has been keeping stimulus checks towards owed taxes. Perhaps call the trustee or your lawyer and inquire if this will affect your 13 payment.
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

I actaully called the IRS and asked this question. The told me they are keeping stimulus payments for ANY and ALL owed taxes no matter what payment arrangements have been made. I assume this means chpt 13 too.
      Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Thanks..... oh well... guess I was just hopeful.... will call my attny tomorrow and the irs to inquire....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X