No announcement yet.

Told my first credit card company....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They can do their job without being rude. There is no need for them to act as though they are better than us. Don't get me wrong, there have been quite a few who are great. But do not treat me like I am a piece of ****.

Comment

Originally posted by sick of debt View Post
      They can do their job without being rude. There is no need for them to act as though they are better than us. Don't get me wrong, there have been quite a few who are great. But do not treat me like I am a piece of ****.

i agree with you, they dont need to be rude and treat u like a piece of crap, if they do, then they deserve to be hung up on or reported to their supervisors.
      retained lawyer june 08, filed may 09....341 on 6/26/09- went smooth! Glad to be part of the 60 day club .... AND- 6/27/09- got engaged
      10/30/10- WEDDING!!
      09/04/09-discharged!!!

Comment

In our case they were all nice. I was all set to fight with them, but it really wasn't necessary. They all said they understood, were sorry for our predicament and wished us luck! It wasn't bad at all. And I felt better like another poster said telling someone what was going on. I found out most of these people really don't like cc practices. The collection agencies were nice and wished us luck. Maybe our dealings with them was weird or out of the ordinary, but it seems like when I simply told the truth that we couldn't do this anymore, they all understood, it honestly made me feel better. Ofcourse keep in mind we had an attorney's name and number to give them. They did call him, but they didn't call us back.
        Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

It's a good first step .

I'm glad this one went well, some might not go as good but keep plugging along ;)
          May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
          July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
          September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Bank of America left another message at work...this is the 3rd message. I just need to get the nerve up to call them and tell them what is going on....and to give them my cell phone number so they don't call at work.

Comment

It is a relief, isn't it? After months of repeated calls--to where we didn't even bother to see who was on the caller ID, it was a relief to be able to give them my lawyer's info. As others stated, everyone was polite and professional--so far.
              The only ones I am still getting are from Citi--they use an automated machine, so no chance to give the machine the info.

Comment

does anyone have experience dealign w/ nfcu autoloans

Comment

Originally posted by Brookamy View Post
                  Bank of America left another message at work...this is the 3rd message. I just need to get the nerve up to call them and tell them what is going on....and to give them my cell phone number so they don't call at work.
                  You don't want them to have your cell....they could suck up all fo your plan minutes!

Comment

I don't have a land line at home. So it's either call at work or my cell...which some of them already have....

Comment

How would they suck up all your cell minutes? If they leave a messages, you can always check them from a landline, right? And you don't have to answer your phone.

Comment

Originally posted by jktrading View Post
                        How would they suck up all your cell minutes? If they leave a messages, you can always check them from a landline, right? And you don't have to answer your phone.

I get about 50 calls a day on my cell - most don't leave messages, but for every call it counts towards your minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Brookamy View Post
                          yikes! i have my 2 BOA CC bills right here, i just called them and updated them with my cell phone number and told them to remove the rest of the numbers. i didnt go through the whole lawyer spiel right now cause i just wasnt in the mood...
                          retained lawyer june 08, filed may 09....341 on 6/26/09- went smooth! Glad to be part of the 60 day club .... AND- 6/27/09- got engaged
                          10/30/10- WEDDING!!
                          09/04/09-discharged!!!

Comment

I wouldn't give them any information besides my attorney's name and phone number. When they would ask other questions I would tell them my attorney's office will answer any questions they have...I wouldn't even tell them what chapter we were thinking about filing under.

Comment

I wish the callers would get a little more training on the bankruptcy process. Some of them act as if it's one piece of paper you sign and the BK is filed.

When I told one creditor who called that I had met with an attorney I planned to use to file the BK, and could release his name as soon as I paid the attorney's fees....the caller said "Oh....so the bankruptcy hasn't been filed yet? So you're just THINKING about it."

(Emphasis was his)

I told him "No, I'm not just "thinking" about it, I just have a 3" stack of forms to fill out for this."

But all in all, I've been very surprised. They've all be very nice and seem sincerely concerned. Totally unexpected. Now if only automatic dialers were illegal...

Comment

Originally posted by bk4sky View Post
                                yikes! i have my 2 BOA CC bills right here, i just called them and updated them with my cell phone number and told them to remove the rest of the numbers. i didnt go through the whole lawyer spiel right now cause i just wasnt in the mood...
                                I'll never give another creditor my cell number again. Even if you don't answer them, with most cell companies you get charged 1 minute for transferring the call to voice mail. 40 calls a day is 40 minutes of usage a day! So unless you have unlimited incoming calls, be careful.

Dohhhhhhhhhhh! Sorry, that's what I get from reading from the bottom post up. Someone already said this! Sorry

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X