No announcement yet.

Told my first credit card company....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotten more calls but it has been pretty quiet. The ones that I have talked to were more than willing to take my work number off the list and just said to keep them updated in regards to the BK. Very nice!

Comment

Hello. I am very early stage Chapter 13. Turned in my paper work and first payment a week ago. Lawyer working on my case and should be filing in a week. At what point can you start telling collectors about your BK?

Comment

You can tell them now since you have retained an attorney. Give them the attorney's number.
        7-2-2009 Filed
        8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
        10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

Thanks. I don't know why I assumed that was allowed till papers were filed. Also, does anyone know how they determine the length of your chapter 13 plan? 36 or 60? This has been the most stressful and eye opening experience and I am looking for some advice from people that are further along in the stages. Thanks again!

Comment

I started telling my creditors that I've retained an attorney and will be filing for BK soon last week. They have been surprisingly nice, one did tell me if I didn't file within 30 days the calls would start again. I only got 3 calls today (I usually got over 20 a day). I'm filling out my paper work and will be filing very soon.

Comment

Thanks so much for the info! It is comforting to know that I am not the only one who is stressed out by the constant creditor phone calls! Glad there is a solution.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X