No announcement yet.

What I found out about Angelfoodministries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking in terms of the cartons of paper that Staples and Office Depot sell by the case. I can bring home a couple of those from my college PT job.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
      Mrs. and I have signed up for their once a month distribution. I must have sounded a bit humbled or embarrassed to ask for this help. The kind person said we have no economic constraint as we actually purchase this food in bulk and therefore need all the purchasers possible. He said it did not matter the need or the lack of need. What they do need is many purchasers so that those who can afford it make the purchase in bulk economical for those who really need it. He said it is a pay as you go. However, some Church members will pay for a person who cannot so there are some anonymous members to help those who really don't have the money.

I think Flamingo, or Cali brought this up. I advise all who need a break (like don't we all?) to investigate this organization. I think it wonderful. 'Hub
      This looks amazing,I'd never heard of it before. Unfortunately there isn't a host site within 50 miles of where I live

Comment

For those who ordered, don't forget about your pickup date.
        May 5, 2008 - Filed Ch7
        June 13, 2008 - 341 Meeting
        August 12, 2008 - Last day for objections... August 18, 2008 - Discharged!
        August 26, 2008 - CASE CLOSED!

Comment

Pickup for 'Hub and I is between 08:00 and 08:30 tomorrow morning.

Comment

Any word from food stamps yet Cat? It is awful how long it takes. Thankfully, you found something for the interim.

Prime example of how people helping people works so much better than a government program.

Comment

Originally posted by fltoo View Post
              Any word from food stamps yet Cat? It is awful how long it takes. Thankfully, you found something for the interim.

Prime example of how people helping people works so much better than a government program.
              Hi fltoo:

Thanks for asking. We missed a document deadline by a couple of days, so we have to start all over. I have a feeling though, that after all is said and done, that with 'HUB's Social Security, his little tiny pension, and what my PT job brings (8 hrs a week) our household income is still going to be too much to allow us to qualify. Their guidelines don't factor in the rise in utilities, and fuel costs. But we're going to try again.

I mentioned elsewhere, that I didn't get the FT job I was hoping for, so I had hoped that I could increase my PT hours to at least 16 a week. But, no. Their budgets have been cut.... So I'm still looking around.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                THANK YOU Nowdowninit. You have done a very fine job to help others. Now those who are helped, when WE recover, let us help them. Volunteer or aid. 'Hub

P.S. Thanks Mrs. for the correction, HHMMMMMMMMM
                No, thank you, I'm really glad that this is helping people. I wasn't able to order this month due to the storm but I am very excited about ordering this coming month.. Every little bit helps, and right now we need it. As soon as we are out of our hole we will be out there helping other people up and out as well.

-down in it
                Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
                Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
                60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                  Pickup for 'Hub and I is between 08:00 and 08:30 tomorrow morning.
                  Wow only a 30 minute window!? I have a 2 hour window, 10:00-12:00 and I'm still hoping I can squeeze it in. DS has to be at soccer practice at the same time, ends at 11:00. Of course it's on different ends of town, a 20 minute drive each way. Cross your fingers I don't make DS wait very long for me to pick him up from practice.
                  May 5, 2008 - Filed Ch7

Comment

Hubby just picked ours up. We got the "main" box, and a Special #4. I thought it would be helpful to others if I snapped some photos of what we got.

... Well, phooey. It won't let me upload them. I resized them, but it says they "exceed the forum quota". Not according to the list of file sizes, but who knows. (??) Let me see if I can upload them to PhotoBucket or something. BRB!

Okay, they're on PhotoBucket, links below.

We have a 2-hour window to pick the food up. 30 minutes isn't very long!
                    Last edited by Annika; 09-27-2008, 05:48 AM.
                    Filed Chapter 7 (Medical Bills) - 12/16/04
                    341 Meeting - 1/28/05 | Discharged - 3/31/05 | Case Closed, No Assets - 7/5/05
                    Update 2/15/11 - Still totally debt-free except for the mortgage, which we're paying down quickly!

Comment

Oh! If anyone happened to get those Senior Meals, and can snap a photo, I'd love to see what they look like. I started to get some, but they weren't in the budget this time. Maybe I can next time.
                      Filed Chapter 7 (Medical Bills) - 12/16/04
                      341 Meeting - 1/28/05 | Discharged - 3/31/05 | Case Closed, No Assets - 7/5/05
                      Update 2/15/11 - Still totally debt-free except for the mortgage, which we're paying down quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by fltoo View Post
                        Boy, you said it! I only wish AFM were in Northern California, where I am. Kinda surprising they aren't, with the foreclosure epidemic happening here....

Comment

We got the senior meals for my grandpa, but I already delivered them. They are in a tray with plastic seal on top. You just pop them in the microwave. They looked good. It's such a great idea for people living alone...younger or older.

No Gravy - Keep checking! It sounds like they are growing quickly

I was in and out of there within 5 minutes to pick up my food. Wasn't late picking up my boy...thank goodness!
                          May 5, 2008 - Filed Ch7

Comment

Originally posted by lillaimof2kids View Post
                            We got the senior meals for my grandpa, but I already delivered them. They are in a tray with plastic seal on top. You just pop them in the microwave. They looked good. It's such a great idea for people living alone...younger or older.

No Gravy - Keep checking! It sounds like they are growing quickly

I was in and out of there within 5 minutes to pick up my food. Wasn't late picking up my boy...thank goodness!
                            Thanks, I will! Glad to hear the timing all worked out for ya

Comment

I want to thank you all so much for sharing this info!!! I will be checking to see if they have this program in Pittsburgh PA.

I do have some questions--I have a weird work schedule, since I am a waitress, and I have NO flexibility in my schedule. Do they work with you at all if you absolutely cannot be there during their scheduled time? Like say if you paid in advance?

I have had problems with the local food bank, and my schedule--I am eligible, BUT I cannot get there when they disburse, so I cannot utilize the program since I can't get the scheduling situated. I did call the head of the dept, and she said they could arrange something, but I had to call so many different #'s and bother so many people, to ask for an exception, that I just gave up, partially (mostly) out of humility.
                              Yes, I do work, but I can't make ends meet right now, I am amoung the working poor.

Comment

Originally posted by Annika View Post
                                Hubby just picked ours up. We got the "main" box, and a Special #4. I thought it would be helpful to others if I snapped some photos of what we got.
                                ... Well, phooey. It won't let me upload them. I resized them, but it says they "exceed the forum quota". Not according to the list of file sizes, but who knows. (??) Let me see if I can upload them to PhotoBucket or something. BRB!
                                We have a 2-hour window to pick the food up. 30 minutes isn't very long!
                                Thank you so much for the pics and the feedback. I was wondering about the food, but it looks fine and there seems to be plenty. You got the $30 box, right? Although I don't need this wonderful organization this month, I checked into it and they distribute about 10 minutes away. I will be keeping this info handy, I'm sure I may need it in the near future.
                                And I wasn't aware they had a "senior box" either, good to know, since I live in mostly "senior neigborhood" and it would be wonderful to help some of them out!

Thanks again to both Annika and NowDownInIt for the info!!!
                                May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                                May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                                May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                                9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X