No announcement yet.

What I found out about Angelfoodministries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting ready to load up the car today...yummmm this is gonna be a good month for food at least.

Comment

I am a volunteer for Angel Food Ministries. I just worked the distribution in our town this morning. I can vouch for this organization. It is a great help to many and there is no income requirement. It is for any and all that want to participate. It's not a hand-out. It is food for purchase at great bulk rates. I'd advise anyone, financially strapped or not to try it out.
      Filed Sept. 22, 2008
      341 Oct. 20, 2008

Comment

Hi All: 'Hub and I got our October order today. We ordered one Regular box, one Senior Box and 2 of the Special #1 7 lb Grill Box. It looks yummy. However I have a question.

For those of you ordering the Senior Box, my understanding from reading the menu is that you get 10 different one person meals per box. Is that correct?

Or is it that from the ten items listed in the menu, you get 10 of one item listed?

This has us puzzled. I actually think that somewhere along the line, the ball was dropped in our area for parcelling out the packages. All I know is that 'Hub and I will get very tired of 'Salisbury Steak w mushroom gravy, peas, and pineapple pieces' rather quickly.

If those of you familiar with the Senior boxes, say this isn't the way it should be, I will call our Center Monday and see if they have other folks in similar situations, and we can effect a trade.

Thanks
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

The senior boxes are 10 different meals, 1 of each listed on the site/paper. Yeah, I think they messed up with your senior meals. The meals are kind of bland, definately need to add seasoning to them.
          May 5, 2008 - Filed Ch7
          June 13, 2008 - 341 Meeting
          August 12, 2008 - Last day for objections... August 18, 2008 - Discharged!
          August 26, 2008 - CASE CLOSED!

Comment

Too much of a good thing thats for sure. Im getting ready to finally make those breaded chick. chucks. Im going to bake them and put them in rice with the frozen veggies.. I'll let you all know how they turn out.. I have soooo much food in my frig and freezer I dont think I'll beable to order again til Dec...seriously

Comment

OMG they're so good crunchy...I can eat them like candy..The veggies were just ok. nothing like fresh, but better than nuttin'

Comment

I learned about this program on this site. I ordered this for my 74 yr. old mother-in-law this month for the first time. She is on a very fixed income and she was thrilled!! Thanks so much for sharing.
                Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
                341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
                Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

My family has been ordering AFM since June. The food has been delicious even the teenagers love it! I don't know how we would have made it thru this summer without AFM because I work as a substitute in the school system and since there is no school during summer no money. We live soley on my husbands income during the summer and with the food prices skyrocketing the angelfood came at a very good time. I encourage everyone to check it out.

Comment

Last edited by AngelinaCatHub; 12-21-2008, 05:46 PM.
                    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Wow, it all looks good, but since hubby and I have been put on a reduced sodium diet, I'm not sure we can take advantage of it anytime soon. Unless they now offer some alternatives for those on restricted diets?
                      sigpic
                      Filed - 11/19/08;341 - 12/22/08
                      Discharged - 2/23/09 ;Closed - 3/6/09
                      Got my first post BK credit line - car loan - 4/9/09 On my way to recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                        son on site at the church is a volunteer.

We went in; this person was so kind. We hung our heads as we were always the helpers now we are the helpees.

She assured us that no matter what your income is, you are welcomed. GBWY 'Hub

Oh, yeah, my hubby and I used this program even before we got in financial trouble. The foods and variety made menu planning so easy!
                        Read the Blog: My Personal Experience With Bankruptcy

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X