No announcement yet.

What I found out about Angelfoodministries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All: 'Hub is trying to upload the pictures we took of our goodies, but the computer is fighting him. We bought two of the Regular packages and two of #4 special. We didn't lay ours out, though like Annika did, we were so impressed with how FILLED our boxes were we were trying to show that. So 'Hub in his post will direct everyone to go look at Annika's post with her photobucket pictures.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by lillaimof2kids View Post
      Wow only a 30 minute window!? I have a 2 hour window, 10:00-12:00 and I'm still hoping I can squeeze it in. DS has to be at soccer practice at the same time, ends at 11:00. Of course it's on different ends of town, a 20 minute drive each way. Cross your fingers I don't make DS wait very long for me to pick him up from practice.
      I think our site is a fairly new distribution member. We were actually delayed a bit this morning, as there had been so many NEW orders, that an extra semi-tractor trailer truck was sent in addition to the usual semi, and a large paneled van.

We found out that our distribution center is a hub that disperses orders to other outlying churches/centers. The extra semi that came in was being loaded with goods that were headed for a center in St. Augustine. And we met a couple that had been picking up orders for people who order through their church. For the last 4-5 months they had used their own truck and car. This time though, there had been so many NEW orders, they had to bring the church's van!

No Gravy, check with the distribution center that is 50 miles from you. They may have people that pickup orders and bring them back to places closer to you.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Catia View Post
        I want to thank you all so much for sharing this info!!! I will be checking to see if they have this program in Pittsburgh PA.

I do have some questions--I have a weird work schedule, since I am a waitress, and I have NO flexibility in my schedule. Do they work with you at all if you absolutely cannot be there during their scheduled time? Like say if you paid in advance?

I have had problems with the local food bank, and my schedule--I am eligible, BUT I cannot get there when they disburse, so I cannot utilize the program since I can't get the scheduling situated. I did call the head of the dept, and she said they could arrange something, but I had to call so many different #'s and bother so many people, to ask for an exception, that I just gave up, partially (mostly) out of humility.
        Yes, I do work, but I can't make ends meet right now, I am amoung the working poor.
        Hi Catia:

If you can't make your pickup yourself, get someone to pick it up for you. Unfortunately they won't give you a credit. Most facilities, we were told, don't have the ability to store large quantities of these types of things. Instead, if you don't pick your order up, they will donate it to a needy family. If that happens, keep your receipt for your taxes as your charitable donation.

Make sure that the person that is going to do the pick is someone that you TRUST, because you have to give that person your receipt so he/she can get in.

Good luck. I hope you can make it work.

Comment

Wow I have never heard of this before and there is a host site about 3 miles from my house. I will be calling them tomorrow, I am a single father and raising my 3 kids on my own since Jan 3 of this year. Of course the ex refuses to pay CS. There menu sounds great. Thanks for the info
          Date filed: 05/20/2008
          341 hearing 06/27/2008
          Plan confirmed: 07/25/2008
          1,800.00 to go 6/1/2009

Comment

Originally posted by BamaDad07 View Post
            Wow I have never heard of this before and there is a host site about 3 miles from my house. I will be calling them tomorrow, I am a single father and raising my 3 kids on my own since Jan 3 of this year. Of course the ex refuses to pay CS. There menu sounds great. Thanks for the info
            Yes Bama, and you have no limit on the kits or menues you may purchase. The specials are packed in a box, but bring boxes or plastic containers for your menus. You will be going through a line and people just put the stuff in the box. You may buy all you wish and the food is fresh and top notch. 'Hub
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Anyone know how to cook the breaded Chicken pieces without frying??? I thought about a casserol but it would turn out soggy. Then I figured I'd bake them with seasoning and put it in rice with veggies. Any thoughts??
              Cant wait til next month lots of goodies

Comment

Hmmm, didn't realize they were breaded (I haven't used any yet). You can bake them with just a spritz of Olive Oil. Put them in a salad, with rice, make tacos, nacho bell grande, tortilla wrap, mix with seasoned veggies.

I'm a little upset now that I know they're breaded, I was planning on using them with soups.
                May 5, 2008 - Filed Ch7
                June 13, 2008 - 341 Meeting
                August 12, 2008 - Last day for objections... August 18, 2008 - Discharged!
                August 26, 2008 - CASE CLOSED!

Comment

Yes mine are breaded, but....check on yours sometimes they swap out some food. You may have gotten lucky and got something else.

Comment

The steaks are so yummy and it makes me make food I never thought to try.

Comment

Yeah, I checked them, they're breaded. Oh well, I'll be able to make some quick dinners with them instead of soups that simmer all day long. A big ole' chef salad sounds really good!

The steaks are very good and tender. I always buy 1/3 side of beef every year from a local farmer. The steaks from Angel Food are very close to the quality I get from the local guy here! That's very good!!!
                      May 5, 2008 - Filed Ch7

Comment

I bake the breaded chicken, and it comes out really good. 350 degrees on a cookie sheet, until they're just browned. No need to thaw them first. I use parchment paper under them, but that's just a personal preference.
                        Filed Chapter 7 (Medical Bills) - 12/16/04
                        341 Meeting - 1/28/05 | Discharged - 3/31/05 | Case Closed, No Assets - 7/5/05
                        Update 2/15/11 - Still totally debt-free except for the mortgage, which we're paying down quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by lillaimof2kids View Post
                          Yeah, I checked them, they're breaded. Oh well, I'll be able to make some quick dinners with them instead of soups that simmer all day long. A big ole' chef salad sounds really good!
                          One of our bags of chicken tenders burst open in the process of getting everything home and in the freezer. I'm not sure what it was coated in, but the first batch I made--a Chicken Linguine, came out VERY salty. We don't use added salt in cooking. The next batch I made, I thawed the chicken first and rinsed all the coating off of it, then went on with my recipe and it was fine.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                            One of our bags of chicken tenders burst open in the process of getting everything home and in the freezer. I'm not sure what it was coated in, but the first batch I made--a Chicken Linguine, came out VERY salty. We don't use added salt in cooking. The next batch I made, I thawed the chicken first and rinsed all the coating off of it, then went on with my recipe and it was fine.
                            Thanks for the tip!! I'm getting ready to make chef salads for dinner. I don't use salt when I cook either...just not a big salt fan!
                            May 5, 2008 - Filed Ch7

Comment

For those who ordered, don't forget to pickup your food tomorrow.
                              May 5, 2008 - Filed Ch7

Comment

Pics of the main box:

Pic of the "10 Lb. Chicken Special":

Filed Chapter 7 (Medical Bills) - 12/16/04
                                341 Meeting - 1/28/05 | Discharged - 3/31/05 | Case Closed, No Assets - 7/5/05
                                Update 2/15/11 - Still totally debt-free except for the mortgage, which we're paying down quickly!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X