CC calls on cell phones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CC calls on cell phones

I thought I'd share what might be good news for some! We use cell phones instead of reg phones. The stress of all the calls was a great deal. Our lawyer said make sure you have caller ID and don't even answer the phone (because of the stress) But it still would ring. I went online to our wireless provider and looked at the manual for my phone under "block calls". I was actually able to block out all incoming calls other than my contact list. It gives you step bystep instructions on how to do it. The calls still come in, you just don't hear them ring. The only time you hear a ding is if they leave a message. I was getting 25-30 calls a day, only 2 or 3 leave a message. So...just knowing it wouldn't ring was a big relief! Just thought I'd share this.

This is nothing new. Everyone's cell phone service has a "blocked call" item which can eliminate only 1 or 2 numbers or block everything except those you indicate. You can also block text messages from other numbers. We blocked outside calls years ago because of tons of wrong numbers and unsolicited text messages were started to receive from what we believe were drug people either calling one number off or having the wrong number.

You can also list your cell numbers on the National Do Not Call Registry to keep telemarketers at bay. Google it and add your cell numbers. We have listed both our house phone and cell numbers as our past listing expired after 3 years.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I used to do this with my mobile, but now had to change it. The reason was because people I knew would sometimes call me from another number other than the one I had programmed in.

It is a good idea though, if you don't want to deal with calls out of the norm.

Comment

Another option, if you don't want to block all incoming calls, is to add the creditor numbers to your contact list, put them in a special group, and then set it up so that calls to anyone in that group don't ring. I don't know if all phones offer "groups". I have a Motorola and you can set up groups - like "friends", "family", "business", "telemarketers", etc. Then set a specific ring tone for each group. I set the ring tone for "telemarketers" to "no ring". It will still show up on my "missed calls" list, but I never have to hear the ring (after the first time they call). And of course some telemarketers call from a dozen numbers, so it also means adding tons of numbers to your contact list. But, it may be an option for some people who cannot block all incoming calls from non-contact numbers.
        Filed Ch. 7 (no asset): 12/30/2008
        341 Meeting: 01/26/2009
        Last Date for Objections: 03/27/2009
        Discharged & Closed: 03/30/2009

Comment

I had to purchase software to do this on my crackberry. it was well worth it. But now, alas, I don't need the software as ALL creditors have stopped calling. I wonder why!
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

unwanted cc calls

Boy, I would love to be able to just turn off the land line to unwanted calls, but our situation is my husband is on call 24/7, and our cell phones-ATT-will not work in our apartment. The reason ATT gives us? "Yours are between towers, and no you cannot have a refund and cancell your subcription!" WE LIVE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GD CITY!!! ( excuse my french abbreviations) So, when/if I file we will have to put up with the calls until they get the drift and leave it alone. I can tell them to take a hike, but my husband, the greatest guy in the world, will try to reason with them, etc. I plan on filing single, so he will feel he has to work out a deal to "save" me, maybe cash his retirement, etc., but that will be a big NO, NO, NO!! Anyway, if anyone knows how to block them on the land line, I'm all ears.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X