Tax issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Tax issues

Perhaps somebody can help with my tax question. I am going to file bankruptcy ASAP as I have received a letter of intent to be sued by one of my credit card issuers. My problem is that before I file, and I have already chosen an attorney, is that I haven't filed a tax return in 5 years. I have some of the W-2 forms but I am not quite sure what my next step should be. I will probably end up owing several thousand dollars and will have to set up some type of payment plan.

You have to file ALL of your taxes before your 341 meeting. As a matter of fact, you should probably get them your taxes done before filing your petition.

The BK law includes a provision that your taxes must be filed up to the year preceding your petition.

You can ask the IRS for a "transcript" or "copies" of your W-2s that were filed. I just did this for someone, because I had to do his taxes from 2002 through 2007!!! The IRS has great records.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X