Means Test?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Means Test?

So if i file myself is the only reason for the means test is to see if you qualify for 7 or not?

Do you need to show the means test to the trustee?

or do i file the paperwork for a 7?

I guess what i am trying to ask is is the only purpose of the means test is just that a test to see if you pass or not. If you do pass then what do you do with that test. Is it just a screener or do you have to file it with your paperwork some how?

The Means Test is something that is provided as part of your Petition. The Trustee will certainly review it to make sure you actually qualify for a Chapter 7.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

It's not like a test at school. You have to make less than a specific amount of money (based on what state you live in, how many people in your family, that kind of stuff). If you make below that amount, you pass the means test and can file for a chapter 7. If you don't pass, your only option is to do a chapter 13.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Irene View Post
        It's not like a test at school. You have to make less than a specific amount of money (based on what state you live in, how many people in your family, that kind of stuff). If you make below that amount, you pass the means test and can file for a chapter 7. If you don't pass, your only option is to do a chapter 13.

This isn't correct. Once the means test is done, you fill out schedules I and J to determine if you have disposable income to fund a 13. We've had many above median filers get a Chapter 7 discharge.

Comment

You aren't giving correct information.

I was above median and still got to file C7.

Originally posted by Mary Irene View Post

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X