top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meeting with attorney to file..Just found out I'm pregnant!!!....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meeting with attorney to file..Just found out I'm pregnant!!!....

Hello
    My husband and I have been gathering all of our documents the last 2 months to proceed with the next step to pay the attorney and get on with filing. We are still unsure if we can file 7 or 13.

My husband was laid off in October and is still looking for a job. I have a good job where I make $45,000 a year. The Median state law for FLORIDA is 1 earner $38,927 & 2 people $49,234. By January my husband will have made UNDER $5,000 for the last 6 months. We are hoping that will help us file Chapter 7.

WELL........we just found out were pregnant, due in July. How will this effect us? Is it good or bad. It was not planned, but we are happy

Please help!

I don't believe it will. I'm pregnant and it didn't change anything at all. The only thing the lawyer did was put a comment to the trustee that we were expecting an increase in expenses. Don't even know if they trustee will care about that comment or not lol.
    Filed Chapter 7 Oct 24,2008
    341 meeting November 25, 2008

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisi18 View Post
      I don't believe it will. I'm pregnant and it didn't change anything at all. The only thing the lawyer did was put a comment to the trustee that we were expecting an increase in expenses. Don't even know if they trustee will care about that comment or not lol.
      ROFL!

maybe if it is a small town but not if it is a big city. they dont really care what happens too much after the file date in the expense department, unless of course you are making more money than when you filed. IN a 13 it might change some things later.

Comment

Originally posted by armani222 View Post
        Hello

WELL........we just found out were pregnant, due in July. How will this effect us? Is it good or bad. It was not planned, but we are happy

this was the funniest title to any thread I have ever read here. Thanks for the chuckles.

How will it effect you? You will be wiping, diapering, feeding, burping, loving, & going googoo ga ga and all that fun parenting stuff....& waking up in the middle of the night sometimes to sing a lullaby.
        Congrats on the baby.

Comment

lol Bandit I kinda thought the same thing, figured the trustee would just be like uhhh thats nice lol.
          Filed Chapter 7 Oct 24,2008
          341 meeting November 25, 2008

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisi18 View Post
            lol Bandit I kinda thought the same thing, figured the trustee would just be like uhhh thats nice lol.

Congrats on your baby too, Chrisi18

You both just made my week!

Comment

Originally posted by armani222 View Post
              Hello
              My husband and I have been gathering all of our documents the last 2 months to proceed with the next step to pay the attorney and get on with filing. We are still unsure if we can file 7 or 13.

My husband was laid off in October and is still looking for a job. I have a good job where I make $45,000 a year. The Median state law for FLORIDA is 1 earner $38,927 & 2 people $49,234. By January my husband will have made UNDER $5,000 for the last 6 months. We are hoping that will help us file Chapter 7.

Please help!
              You'd prefer Chapter 7 instead of 13 and the most obvious change I see that nobody has mentioned is that you become a household of THREE (or more) and the median income should be higher for a bigger family and that makes Chapter 7 easier to achieve.

If you are judgement proof you should consider waiting until after the kid is born to file. Why? I pray that everything will go smooth and be happy for you but medical bills can be huge if anything unexpected happens. Medical expenses are a frequent reason for Bankruptcy and you wouldn't want your fresh start ruined by the potential for some huge medical bills.

In my case, we had some huge medical expenses that made our life difficult and the best advice we received was to wait until most of it was behind us before we filed. It made for an interesting wait but I think it was well worth it.
              Discharged November 2008 100 days after filing no-asset Chapter 7. We intended to let a two-year-old vehicle go back to the bank and reaffirm an inexpensive ten-year-old SUV and our home mortgage. In the end we surrendered ALL of our vehicles and reaffirmed NOTHING. We'll "ride through" our mortgage after the court ruled it an undue hardship.

Comment

congratulations!
                Much thanks for all the support and information I receive on this forum.
                Chapter 7 filed 11/21/2008
                341 Meeting 01/05/2009
                Discharged 03/06/2009

Comment

Congrats on the baby!
                  May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                  May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                  May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                  9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Congrats on the baby.

This was a questions I asked our attorney when considering Ch 7 over 13. The response was it does nto increase yoru family size until the baby is actually born. We were unsure we would qualify for CH 7 as family of 3 but were under median with family of 4. Turned out I miscarried so we ended uo filing in April as a 7 and over median but with negative income on the means test. My husband lost his job in May so I was pretty relieved there wasn't another mouth to feed.

So if you are close to being able to go 7 and can wait until the birth I would think that would be a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Keebler View Post
                      If you are judgement proof you should consider waiting until after the kid is born to file. Why? I pray that everything will go smooth and be happy for you but medical bills can be huge if anything unexpected happens. Medical expenses are a frequent reason for Bankruptcy and you wouldn't want your fresh start ruined by the potential for some huge medical bills.
                      I agree with Keebler on this....you never know what kind of expenses might pop up. Congrads on the babies.
                      Filed Ch 7 2/21/08
                      Discharged 6/5/08!!!!

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."~ Roger Caras

Comment

As long as the baby doesn't look anything like the BK attorney you just met with you'll be fine.....

(sorry I couldn't resist poking fun at the title )

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Congratulations on being with child.
                          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X