Is this ok??? Filing in 9-10 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Is this ok??? Filing in 9-10 months

Is that time of the season again. The season of giving. Unfortunately, we are in a financial bind as all of us are here on this forum. My question is....since we are so far out from filing chapter 7. Would it be alright to charge our credit card since we will be well above the 3 months of no credit use to qualify for a 7? Or will this hurt us when we file late next year?

Yes, so long as you make payments and intend to pay the debt back. Hint, hint.

If you just charge up the cards, and never pay a dime on them... fraud.
    Last edited by justbroke; 11-26-2008, 10:21 AM.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

So as long as I keep paying the minimum up until we file, then we should be ok. I plan to stop using my credit cards by the end of December. That gives us 7-8 months of no credit card use. I am right on this?

Comment

Originally posted by tools2teach View Post
        So as long as I keep paying the minimum up until we file, then we should be ok. I plan to stop using my credit cards by the end of December. That gives us 7-8 months of no credit card use. I am right on this?
        Should be okay.

However, you should stop using credit when you know you are in trouble.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X