What can we do? Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can we do? Please help!

Our lawyer filed on the 8th. We got a letter today (the 18th) stating that we have until Monday to show 90 days of pay stubs. We have never kept paystubs! My husband is salaried...he has made the same on his checks for the past two years. We have given the lawyer a printout from his work on his past 6 months worth of checks and a paystub proving that is how much he had made. What are we supposed to do? His work has told us that the printout is the best that they could do. What else can we get to show proof?

The printout should be acceptable. I had to do that for hubby because he is bad about keeping his paystubs from work. Double check with your lawyer to make sure there isn't any miscommunication or misunderstanding about what was submitted.
    sigpic
    Filed - 11/19/08;341 - 12/22/08
    Discharged - 2/23/09 ;Closed - 3/6/09
    Got my first post BK credit line - car loan - 4/9/09 On my way to recovery.

Comment

To the OP - you posted this same question in another forum. To avoid confusion, please just post once in one forum. Your other posting already has several replies.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I didn't know which got more traffic and it is an important question. I didn't think that it would be a problem. Sorry! Thanks for the input, I will call the lawyer tomorrow.

Comment

Talk to your lawyer about this. That's the best we can tell you to do. Maybe he inadvertently left them out of the filing. Call him. By the way, in this computer age, many employers have easy access to old pay stubs. They often can easily make copies for you.

Comment

This is not a big deal at all so stop stressing. First you already provided the info - trustee is just being anal. But further, you can substantiate by showing tax returns. Also - suggest signing an affidavit for the lawer to give to the trustee. Easy.
            Filed Chapter 7 Pro-Se May 29, 2008
            341 July 1, 2008
            Discharged September 4, 2008
            Closed November 10, 2008 :-)

Comment

Thanks. Hubby has asked two different people and they insist that they can't get copies. It sounds strange to me, but they won't get us anything.

Comment

They can't, the stub is usually autogenerated from the computer when a check or direct deposit slip is generated and that can only be done once. So many systems will just allow a printout of the info used to generate the stub.
                Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Originally posted by NoMore View Post
                  Thanks. Hubby has asked two different people and they insist that they can't get copies. It sounds strange to me, but they won't get us anything.
                  Not really. When hubby requested his info and they sent the print out, he called to make sure there wasn't any way to get the stubs themselves. Unfortunately there wasn't any way in his case because his company employs probably 3000 people easily in the bi-state area. There is no way they have the kind of storage for that.

Lucky for him, they just converted to an online system. If your husband's company employs a large number of people, this could very well be the case, and the printout is your only option. Maybe getting something from HR/Payroll saying that the printout is what is given to those employees who request it.
                  sigpic
                  Filed - 11/19/08;341 - 12/22/08
                  Discharged - 2/23/09 ;Closed - 3/6/09
                  Got my first post BK credit line - car loan - 4/9/09 On my way to recovery.

Comment

Hi there - I am the "hubby" in this case. Yes - my employer employs roughly 12,000 people (yes big company). Payroll is done through an outside agency. Internally all my payroll department can access are reports based on the data they send to the payroll agency. In my case all that I can gain access to is a report.

I think we'll be OK. We're waiting to hear back from the lawyer on this.

Thanks for all of your feedback - much appreciated!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X