Where I look up free case analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where I look up free case analysis

I know about Pacer, but is there a website that looks at Bankruptcy cases that you can view for free?
    "Don't let your wants overload your a**"
    (author unknown)

In the past you were able to view all BK filings through your BK Court's website. I was horrified prior to filing in 2001 to see that all that information, plus SS numbers, were in full view for the public to see online. Due to all the privacy laws now in place and also to avoid identity theft, the BK courts have done away with that information being able to be viewed online. Now you have to register on PACER and provide identifying information to view online BK filings. I don't believe there is a site anywhere on the web where one can view BK filings for free.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Originally posted by deadbroke99 View Post
      I know about Pacer, but is there a website that looks at Bankruptcy cases that you can view for free?
      If you have a "nice" District, then they will have an area on their website (District Website) which lists memorandum opinions where there are questions of law addressed.

Especially since the BAPCPA of 2005, there have been a lot of decisions made. You can also check the rulings from the Circuit Court of Appeals which covers your District.

On my District's site, they have a link to an area called "Opinions" which is listed on the main page for the District. Once there, you can search through all the major case opinions.

Since I'm pro se... I read almost all of my Judge's opinions since BAPCPA was law (10/1/2005).
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X