$3,000,000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$3,000,000

If someone deposited $1,000,000.00 tax free into your checking out today, what are the FOUR high priority things would you do with this money within the next week.

If you don't use it by the end of the 7th day, the money would be withdrawn from your account.

Mine would be as follows:

1. Pay off all my mortgages
    2. Pay off all my car notes
    3. Make a deal with all my credit card companies and pay 10 cents on the dollar!! LOL!
    4. Use the balance to take a trip around the world with my family and friends - FIRST CLASS of course!!
    Filed March 2009

I would put it into a Charitable Remainder Unitrust, and live off the draw. After I paid everyone off of course. THEN they could not take the money back as the Trust owns it, I spent it, and it is irevocable. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Before I spent or invested a dime of it, I would get a good financial advisor.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

1. Pay off all this debt.
        2. Make sure my family was taken care of.
        3. Pay my kids into Ivy league
        4. Adopt again.

Comment

1. Buy a huge log cabin with ponds all around it
          2. Buy a nice SUV of some sort
          3. Put some away for kids college
          4. Wake up from my dream!! LOL

Comment

Pay off all my debt.
            Take my family on a trip.
            Help out my family members who are in the same boat as me.
            Donate to my favority charities.
            Give some to church.
            Go shopping!

Sorry, I know its more than four.

Comment

I like 'Hub's idea!
              BKForum Blog: The Journey

sigpic

Comment

Pay off all the creditors, mostly business accounts.

At 57, there is not much I need or want anymore. When I was 50, I broke down the big house and what the kids didn't want, I gave away. The "little" business I started to keep occupied put me into this major tailspin that ended up in BK.

Life happens.

I would probably start a huge co-op, low cost food bank in the city. Something along the lines of Angel Food Ministries with no religious association. Maybe attach a big kitchen for walk in families to get a hot meal.

Also, would buy a huge farm, and start a no kill shelter for dogs.

Dreams do come true.

Comment

Life = Mission Impossible. Dreams untrue.

Comment

LOL

Let me clarify. Dreams backed with a lot of perseverence and hard work do come true. I have witnessed it several times, and can attest to that.

Comment

If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I'd retire. It would be so cool to retire at 45 and be able to enjoy things and travel while I still can.
                        Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
                        341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
                        Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

I have 3 Daughters I would give each of them 200k and I would take the other 400k and buy a Pirate ship, sail up and down the coast of Cali/Mexico and drink Corona's all day......is that wrong?
                          "I'm old enough to know better, but too young to care"
                          Filed Chapter 7 January 25th 2010
                          341 Hearing March 4th 2010
                          Discharged May 10th 2010

Comment

A million dollars wouldn't go very far.

A week probably would not be enough time to use it wisely.

Investment in land/property would be the best use, but it would be almost impossible to close a deal in a week.

Even writing any check even to a charity might not clear the bank in 7 days.

First off that would be considered income and you'd owe about 50% taxes on it.
                            So then say 10% tithe on top of that
                            10% to other charities.

So now you have only 300k left, enough to buy a home or piece of land and that's about all. (Or possibly pay off your debt if you have it.).
                            May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                            July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                            September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Originally posted by JRScott View Post
                              A million dollars wouldn't go very far.

Your right there are only a few ways to make use of it, it goes very fast I had 1.5 million go thru my hands in the last two years alone.

I always look for the fun in a hypothetical like this;

So...........

Take the Mill go deep into Mexico and buy a village outright, become the Mayor and drinks Coronas and lay on beach all day...Refer to previous post above
                              "I'm old enough to know better, but too young to care"
                              Filed Chapter 7 January 25th 2010
                              341 Hearing March 4th 2010
                              Discharged May 10th 2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X