No announcement yet.

How much did you file bankruptcy over?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$107,000 in unsecured. $252,000 is outside CH13 plan in 1st Mortgage, HELOC, and student loans. Haven't filed yet so I am nervous...
    CH13 filed 5/21/09; 341 6/17/09; confirmed 7/14/09]
    Discharged: 7/25/12

Comment

50 K credit cards and personal loans. This does not include the house, we are keeping it.

For some reason I now feel better after reading some of the others.
      Retained Attorney= 03/13/2009
      Filed No Asset Chapter 7= 03/31/2009
      341 Done= 04/27/2009
      Discharged= 07/16/2009

Comment

$72K in cc debt and doesn't include our cars (appox. 30k) and home (265k) and student loans, $70k.
        May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
        May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
        May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
        9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Billssuck View Post
          $107,000 in unsecured. $252,000 is outside CH13 plan in 1st Mortgage, HELOC, and student loans. Haven't filed yet so I am nervous...
          Can you perhaps ask your attorney about stripping your HELOC? I am not sure if a HELOC is the same as a second mortgage, but if you owe more on your house than it is worth, you could ask your lawyer about turning the HELOC/2nd into unsecured debt and including it in the bk.

Comment

I had about $56K in unsecured. Keeping the house.
            11/08 Filed Ch13
            01/09 341 Meeting
            03/09 Payment made
            ...waiting for discharge

Comment

$147K in unsecured, $32K in car loans, 6 months in arreages on house $21K, and HELOC for $97K that I think we can "strip" since our appraisal just came back $25K under what our 1st mortgage is for. OVERWHELMING to say the least. I just want this debt GONE. From this point on, CASH IS KING.

Comment

And Here I was Thinking 30,000 Dollars in Loans and Credit Cards was a lot.

I always tell folks, it really does not matter how much you owe, becaue when those bills start pilling up and your paycheck does not cover all you owe, it would not make a difference if you owe 100,000 or 10,000. If you cannot make the monthly payments, it becomes overwhelming.

Comment

I have around $32,000 all cc's. No house or car or anything else. I just don't have anymore $ to pay them anymore. No job, 401K is gone.

Wow, I don't feel so bad about mine when I see those mortage amounts some of you are putting down. 960K? I think I would have a coronary. It must feel like your house is sitting on top of your head until you see those words "discharged".

I am glad I don't have a house or car to worry about right now.
                  "I broke, I broke, it's off to Chapter 7 I go"
                  http://queenfluff.blogs.experienceproject.com/
                  1st meeting w/ Lawyer: 4/3/09 * File: 4/30/09 *341: 6/23/09 * Discharged 8/25/09!

Comment

Haven't filed yet, but it's about $35K in cc debt.
                    Retained attorney 4/14/09
                    Filed 5/29/09 :yahoo:
                    341 meeting 7/8/09 DONE! :yahoo::yes2:
                    DISCHARGED!!!!!!! 10/16/09 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Just started thinking about filing...we have about $30,000 in credit card debt, $10,000 auto loan, $11,000 heloc and mortgage is about $100,000 (would like to stay in the house).
                      I don't think our numbers look too bad and we could pay it all off eventually except that our income will drop by about $25/$30 thousand by the end of the year and then it all seems impossible.

Comment

How much did I file BK over?????????

How do I put a dollar amount on my sanity?????????
                        You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

35k About 20 in real cc and car debt...the rest are all fees fees and more fees.
                          Filed Chapter 7 4/22/2009
                          341 Meeting Scheduled 5/27/2009
                          Discharged 7/30/2009
                          Awaiting closing!!!!

Comment

plan to file in june-july:

surrendering at least 311k in mortgages
                            total 26k in credit cards
                            trying to keep (reaffirm or ride-through) about 24k in car loans (2 cars)
                            some miscellaneous med bills (less than 1k)

I thought the same thing - that my debt was too little for BK...but when you look at the overall picture you have to ask: Do you make enough to afford pmts on this ( WE DONT) and even if fyou can make min pmts...how long before you can pay it off...for us it was over ten years. so we figured, why not clean up our credit, which the bk will be off of in ten years anyway?!!?

Plus we had to get rid of a house and didnt want deficiency....

Ever since we decided BK, it has been a HUGE relief (and a HUGE stress of trying to plan it out correctly)

I think the biggest relief will be the day we file, then the 341, then discharge, then closing, at which point everyone on the forum will be happy to see my questions cease!!!!!!
                            waiting to file in july-august,
                            waiting for Chase to begin foreclosure,
                            waiting for cc's to begin lawsuits,
                            just waiting (& "afraid")...

Comment

We haven't filed yet, but will within a month. We have $49,000 in cc debt. We will reaffirm our house and cars. $170,000 and $6000 and $3000

Comment

23k and just dont know how I got there//.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X