No announcement yet.

How much did you file bankruptcy over?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

150k in cc debt. That number blows my mind! I sometimes wonder how it got that high, and never a late payment! Borrowing from Paul to pay Peter (or something like that) over the years.

Comment

Haven't finished all my numbers yet, but over 300k in unsecured debt...all business debt

Comment

Glad to see this post. Sometimes I feel like, is it worth it to file considering our debt isn't all that high compared to some? But then I think, it's pretty high to us and we can't pay it so heck yes, it is worth it! We have about $48,000 total unsecured debt and this includes the credit cards, with a whopping $20,000 to American Express alone.
        Filed: 8-19-09
        341: 9-21-09
        Notice of Discharge: 11-28-09

Comment

$161,614

Comment

Originally posted by eddiep View Post
            150k in cc debt. That number blows my mind! I sometimes wonder how it got that high, and never a late payment! Borrowing from Paul to pay Peter (or something like that) over the years.
            Just added mine again this morning. 23 cards $157K . 3 years of Bt'ing between cards and not admitting to myself how big a hole I was digging.
            Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

I can't believe my credit cards got so high. I must have failed to consider what my income was compared to my expenses for the last 10 years. Shoot. I'd post how much debt I have, but hell, I don't even know. I think I can wrack up a little bit more though, so what do you think? Should I try to last a few more months? I might have to get a ****ing job after this...

Comment

about $25,000. None of it is credit card debt. $7500 in a personal small claims suit that I was too tired to fight. About $5000 in medical bills. $6000 to US Bank for a revolving line of credit that was used to keep afloat when I got laid off several times in a year and also for the "fees" they attached to my checking account. Another $6500 from terribly high interest loans that were also used for living expenses when I couldn't make ends meet. They were actually $1400 loans but came with an 80+% interest rate. There was also a $14k judgment against me when the City sued me for my home that they claimed I owed them in legal expenses. I'm not sure if they wrote that off or are just waiting to attack again at a later date. I don't see it on my credit report and haven't included it in my bk yet. My reason, don't wake the sleeping lion to give them a reason to show up and object to my bk. I'm a no asset case and under the median so if they decide to attack later I'll file an amendment and add them.

All of that debt and all I got was an ulcer, renal failure and a lot of sleepless nights. Wish I'd at least gotten a nice Plasma TV or something! At least now with the bk and automatic stay from wage garnishments I can afford to save from each paycheck. Get a little nest egg going and maybe someday buy that TV.
                12/05/08 - filed pro se
                01/27/09 - case dismissed and closed - 02/24/09 - case reopened and dismissal vacated
                04/01/09 - new 341 scheduled
                6/02/09 - DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

54k cc, 150k mortgage, 15k student loans. YIKES!!!
                  From this day on I move FORWARD!!!
                  Filed Chapter 7 on 3/20/09!
                  Discharged 6/2009

Comment

About 22k

Seeing how high some others have gone, I feel good that I didn't let myself get into worse shape.

This forum reminds me - there is help and hope.
                    Scared to file. Scared not to file.

Comment

Originally posted by kenshirley View Post
                      $161,614
                      what you don't have it down to the cents? LOL

I am going to be filing for around 50k CC and 100k house and 2 frickin red light camera tickets(bastards). I figure I can bk them since they are a civil suit brought by the city of Toledo.

I could have made it but my city's unemployment rate is 14% and I am trapped in an upside down mortgage. I need to move to find a job so I have to let the house go. Mom... I'm Home Hey its free room/board and meals. (only for a couple of months)
                      Last edited by Brighterdays; 04-06-2009, 09:00 PM.

Comment

In the neighborhood of 37k, all of which was unsecured. I actually thought our unsecured debt was around 25k. When I sat down and did the packet, added up the numbers, I was surprised that I was so far off.

Comment

200k unsecured CC's and line of credit. 760k first and second mortgage.
                          Filed Ch 7 - 6/30/08
                          341 Meeting - 7/31/08
                          Discharged - 9/30/08
                          Closed (finally) - 2/10/09

Comment

40k plus another 45k for student loan. Cars and a house...not included.

btw, so what if you lose your job after few months of filing, I wonder if that has happened to anyone here.

Comment

Originally posted by blankslate View Post
                              There was also a $14k judgment against me when the City sued me for my home that they claimed I owed them in legal expenses. I'm not sure if they wrote that off or are just waiting to attack again at a later date. I don't see it on my credit report and haven't included it in my bk yet. My reason, don't wake the sleeping lion to give them a reason to show up and object to my bk. I'm a no asset case and under the median so if they decide to attack later I'll file an amendment and add them.
                              I hope you reconsidered this before your 341. You're supposed to list ALL your creditors in your BK petition. Whether or not the City is pursuing the debt, has written it off, or chooses to report or not report it to the credit bureaus, you still have to include them in your creditor's matrix.
                              BK 7 filed and discharged in 2004 after 30+ years of perfect credit. Life HAPPENS.

Comment

About $55,000 for me. - credit cards and medical bills
                                ~Filed 3/31/09~
                                ~341 Meeting 4/24/09~

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X