top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going into your BK, did you feel like this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Going into your BK, did you feel like this...

Nervous, unsure, excited, ready to get this done, am I doing the right thing, I cant afford $800 to $1000 a month in interest anymore.....I swear I ever get out of this, never again, never...

Attorney meeting tomorrow.....

Originally posted by wantout View Post
    Nervous, unsure, excited, ready to get this done, am I doing the right thing, I cant afford $800 to $1000 a month in interest anymore.....I swear I ever get out of this, never again, never...
    Attorney meeting tomorrow.....
    Remember the sentence I highlighted in red above when all this is over. What you are feeling is totally normal.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Yes many of us here have been through it.
      Your attorney should be able to set you somewhat at ease. I would recommend that you put together a list of questions for him. He will tell you what chapter you can file and when.
      After you file within a week or 10 days you should get the notice of who your Trustee will be, when your 341 meeting will be and what information they need from you (Keep copies of what you give to your attorney~you may need them later!)
      Within 30-45 days of filing you should have your 341 meeting. They go quick for most of us and are really nothing to worry about~but you will worry anyway.
      Then depending on your case you either have a payment plan with a Chapter 13 or are awaiting discharge hopefully with a simple case for a Chapter 7. In the Chapter 7 case it's over for many in 60-90 days from your file date.
      The biggest relief for many of of comes within a few days of filing when all the credit agencies get the information that you filed and your creditors get notified of that fact too and quit calling you.
      Hopefully everything will go smoothly for you. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by kenshirley View Post
        Yes many of us here have been through it.
        Your attorney should be able to set you somewhat at ease. I would recommend that you put together a list of questions for him. He will tell you what chapter you can file and when.
        After you file within a week or 10 days you should get the notice of who your Trustee will be, when your 341 meeting will be and what information they need from you (Keep copies of what you give to your attorney~you may need them later!)
        Within 30-45 days of filing you should have your 341 meeting. They go quick for most of us and are really nothing to worry about~but you will worry anyway.
        Then depending on your case you either have a payment plan with a Chapter 13 or are awaiting discharge hopefully with a simple case for a Chapter 7. In the Chapter 7 case it's over for many in 60-90 days from your file date.
        The biggest relief for many of of comes within a few days of filing when all the credit agencies get the information that you filed and your creditors get notified of that fact too and quit calling you.
        Hopefully everything will go smoothly for you. Good luck!
        Thanks.

During the 2 phone calls I have had with this attorney I was told everything sounds like a chapter 7. I have the information they said I would need for tomorrow ready to go.
        They accept payments but will not file until they are paid in full, $1350, If everything goes as planned I hope to have him paid by Sept. and file in late Sept or Oct.

Comment

Originally posted by wantout View Post

Oh how well I remember and I still say that exact thing, said it before we filed, before the 341, after the 341. I repeat that over and over again. I can't handle debt plain and simple, it just makes me sick inside and it's not worth any of the crap you can get with that credit.

So your feelings are perfectly normal and yes, your attorney will put your mind at ease, as will this forum. You are not alone.
          Last edited by justplaintired; 07-26-2009, 04:16 PM.
          Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I don't know any of you and I feel llke we are teammates. I am meeting with an Atty for the first time tomorrow. I have gained 35 lbs, lost focus at home and at work; worse, I am completely consumed by stress over $$$$, or the lack thereof. Thanks for all of your input. I finally feel like it will be ok, after reading all of your posts.
            beginning of debt cycle 1984
            filed oct 29, 2009
            341 nov 25, 2009
            April 8, 2010: CONFIRMATION

Comment

I had my phone interview and it looks like a 7 for me. I meet with my attorney Aug 1 to get the ball rolling with full payment. Married filing alone. All unsecured debt is mine. Have a house that will be exempt, by a couple of thousand. I feel all the things mentioned in the first post. It is nice to have a place to come and learn and share
              8 cards, no charges on them for about 16 months. 80K plus additional 10K interest and penalties. Two lawsuits on the docket!! To be expected.
              Chapter 13ner

Comment

Keep that train on the tracks for a little while longer.
                Talking to the right attorney will give you a lot of answers that you are looking for and make you feel better.

Comment

Originally posted by kenshirley View Post
                  Keep that train on the tracks for a little while longer.
                  Talking to the right attorney will give you a lot of answers that you are looking for and make you feel better.

Thanks for the encouragement!
                  I went through four firms and settled on a one man show who only does BKs and he has been at it for 35 years
                  Chapter 13ner

Comment

Hang in there. We have all been through it or are about to.
                    It's not that bad once you make the decision and get moving.

Comment

Well I have an attorney, and I can say I all ready feel like a weight is lifted off of my shoulders.

Comment

I remember all those feelings. The funny thing is.. my wife did not want to. I put my foot down and told her we were filing ( one of the few times i get to put my foot down). Fortunately for me I had the support of this forum. She didn't and just relied on me.. All I have to say is. aint it nice paying for everything in cash.

Comment

That's how I felt exactly. Once we decided that we were filing, the reality of how much debt was really owed sank in.

Have already felt the relief of no more phone calls and not paying all of those credit card bills every month.

We are now waiting for our 341 on 8/6/09 and am nervous about that. I've gained 30 pounds over the last few years too worrying about bills, jobs and everything else. Hope as the stress leaves, the weight will too!
                          Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
                          341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
                          Discharged: 11/30/2009
                          Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X