No announcement yet.

health is sinking fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will get better. This is just a hiccup in the road of life. Most of us felt extreme stress during the BK process, but it does pass and then you will be on the road to your fresh start. Hang in there!
    Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
    341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
    Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

Coming from the person who paid the bills - I can tell you that all of this brought my DH and I closer together. We both had to take our share of responsibility in this. I was not telling him how bad things were trying to protect him from getting more freaked out about the bills and he was burying his head in the sand so he didn't have to deal with it all. Truth is, I didn't tell myself how bad it was. When I finally added them all up, I was stunned beyond words!

The point I am trying to make to you here, is allow this to be a time for coming clean with each other, and making a pack to work this out together and let the chips fall where they may. Support each other. It's just stuff and should you have to give any of it up, you will regain it back again without the debt hanging over your head.
      Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
      341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
      Discharged: 11/30/2009
      Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Good...sounds like you came to terms with your situation and got through what is likely the worst part. Keep your marriage and family together at ALL costs. Nothing else matters.
        Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
        341 Meeting 09/09/09
        Discharged 11/12/09
        Closed 12/14/09

Comment

Well i believe that all the dirty laundry is out on the table now so we can start the rebuilding process. I dont like financial suprises. We just need to get through this next few days and we will recieve 3 checks this week and be able to get all utilities and mortgage current. We will get to the lawyer at the end of next week and file the week after. Been working on the asset list this morning and I think it is in line with what they want. I did cheat a little but I am prepared for them to call my bluff. The only thing that I cheated on was the bike and my daughters musical instruments. The bike and the instruments can be exactly like my asset page in 6 hours. I have covered all angles. Game on.....

Comment

You will be so much happier once your file
            Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
            341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
            Discharged: 11/30/2009
            Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Originally posted by 2manybills View Post
              You will be so much happier once your file
              Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All I want is the house.

Comment

Originally posted by crashzx View Post
                Been working on the asset list this morning and I think it is in line with what they want. I did cheat a little but I am prepared for them to call my bluff. The only thing that I cheated on was the bike and my daughters musical instruments.
                I would be careful with this. Talk to your lawyer about exemptions. Research your state and possible federal exemption options. I seriously doubt a trustee is going to go after your daughter's musical instruments even if they aren't exempt. It's probably not worth their time and effort.

Worse, you put your whole BK at risk if they somehow get the impression you are being deceptive. It will at least earn you more scrutiny and hassle. You're probably not in any danger of losing anything anyway. Most people aren't.
                341 Meeting 09/09/09
                Discharged 11/12/09
                Closed 12/14/09

Comment

Originally posted by crashzx View Post
                  Well i believe that all the dirty laundry is out on the table now so we can start the rebuilding process. I dont like financial suprises. We just need to get through this next few days and we will recieve 3 checks this week and be able to get all utilities and mortgage current. We will get to the lawyer at the end of next week and file the week after. Been working on the asset list this morning and I think it is in line with what they want. I did cheat a little but I am prepared for them to call my bluff. The only thing that I cheated on was the bike and my daughters musical instruments. The bike and the instruments can be exactly like my asset page in 6 hours. I have covered all angles. Game on.....
                  Another word for cheating in the bankruptcy process is fraud. I don't recommend cheating.
                  Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Not cheating...The piano is owned by my father and the guitar is owned by my wifes uncle. The bike is sold now and I will get the paperwork from dealer in GA this week for the needed repairs. Everything else is done and they are more then welcome to come in assess and take what they like. Like I said game on. i feel good today!!!!!!!!!

Comment

If that's true, then you don't "own" the musical instruments. As far as the bike goes, hopefully it's still exempt because the TT can still go after the $$ as money was sold/transferred a year prior to filing
                      341 Meeting 09/09/09
                      Discharged 11/12/09
                      Closed 12/14/09

Comment

Originally posted by killinstinct View Post
                        If that's true, then you don't "own" the musical instruments. As far as the bike goes, hopefully it's still exempt because the TT can still go after the $$ as money was sold/transferred a year prior to filing
                        Thats why I will be taking the paperwork from the dealer to the attorney for approval before any money exchanges hands. I was told it was 2 years in TN.
                        If any question the bike will stay put. No worries!!!!!!!!

Comment

Cool. You're way more prepared than you let on...
                          341 Meeting 09/09/09
                          Discharged 11/12/09
                          Closed 12/14/09

Comment

Not really....for some reason I am just calm and covering the bases one at a time today. I really could use the money from the bike now but it aint worth haveing to pay back later. Like I said earlier...we are getting a few good checks in this week anyway.

I am finaly ready for the attorney accept for my wifes payrol transcript and the paperwork from the dealer on the bike.

I feel great....my and everybodies prayers are working. I cant wait to go to church tommorrow and get into a small group!

Comment

Good luck. Make sure you and the wife sit down and iron out a budget and game plan together. I think a lot of people get into trouble and have conflict here when it's not a team effort, and one person is in charge of the $$$. Kind of creates a child/parent relationship when you should be equals.
                              341 Meeting 09/09/09
                              Discharged 11/12/09
                              Closed 12/14/09

Comment

Originally posted by killinstinct View Post
                                Good luck. Make sure you and the wife sit down and iron out a budget and game plan together. I think a lot of people get into trouble and have conflict here when it's not a team effort, and one person is in charge of the $$$. Kind of creates a child/parent relationship when you should be equals.

That was the problem a couple years ago for her. Now she realizes she cant do it alone. (obviously) Sorry that was uncalled for. We are talking about alot of things and I believe with Gods help we can get through this. There will no doute be some mojor changes in our lifestyle. From now on we will be doing the bills together from a new accnt in my name. She says she does not want an accnt but I am trying to talk her into opening another in her name for herself because the joint acct has to be closed asap. (waiting on those damn checks). We are getting better day by day. I am sure there will be speed bumps and setbacks along the way but I have tried to get as prepared as possible. This site has been such a blessing. Dont get me wrong I read alot of things I did not want to read but the truth is the truth and that is what I needed. I will keep updating every step.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X