health is sinking fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

health is sinking fast

How in Gods name do some of you all deal with all of this. I am realizing that I will probably loose my only form of transportation. Maybe my tools to make any extra money. My whole life is on a spiral down the shitter! Surly they would not destroy a mans life this badly would they? I know I'm ranting but DAMN!!!!!! I just cant think of a good reason to not start drinking other then my family. I will have an ulser and high blood pressure in a few months.

How do you all make it really!!!!

We make it by accepting that most of us made avoidable mistakes that landed us in severe financial distress that we could not get ourselves out of, that filing bankruptcy is our golden ticket out of the mess we created (or that was created for us), and that once it's over, we will learn the hard lifestyle change lessons that bankruptcy teaches us so we will NEVER find ourselves here again.

On the bad days, come here and vent like you did tonight. We'll help you get over the worst times because we've all been there ourselves. Hang in there - it will get better again.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

I survived BK by knowing that some of my financial problems were created by mistakes that I'd made and by job losses and medical illnesses. I tried very hard to "change the things I could change and accept the ones I couldn't."

While I can't say that I always did or do that, it changes my perspective.

I know it sounds trite, but it really does help to take life one day at a time and to be OK with just that. It's kept me from going completely nuts. (was just about there well before BK)

Yes, and venting definitely helps!!! I highly recommend a good old-fashioned "hissy fit" every now and then.

You WILL survive and you don't have to lose your health and happiness in the process. Not even something as serious as a bankruptcy can steal that from you.

Sorry for the sermonette, but I guess I needed one myself tonight.

Hang in there!

Peace,
      jane
      Filed: 2/24/2006
      341 mtg: 4/4/2006:angel:
      Discharged: 9/25/08!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Take it easy,don't worry so much about losing your transportation or your tools for making money or most if not all of your other personal assets.
        Depending on what state you live in, you probably will have enough exemptions to cover those assets go to this web site http://www.************************/ in the search window put your state space exemptions.ie(Georgia exemptions) This will show you how much you can exempt.
        Filed Ch7 BK 7/27/09
        341 Hearing 9/10/09 All Went Smoothly
        Last Day For Objections 11/09/09
        Discharged and Closed 11/12/09

Comment

You have to get to the point that you accept that there is a better future even if the present is kinda bad.

A truck, tools, etc can be replaced in the future after your past these bad economic times. Sometimes we become to attached to stuff. You have to disassociate yourself with the stuff. It's really the only way, also keep in mind we tend to overvalue our belongings.
          May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
          July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
          September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

You make it because you have to. You mentioned family, so you make it for them. You find another truck more tools. You remember this time in your life and vow never to go back there again.

Do some checking on what exemptions you have see if your things are covered. You may just be surprised what exactly you can exempt, but either way, you just remember how bad you feel right now, how scared you are, and do like I am doing, I replay that fear in my head so I never go down that road again.
            Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

Originally posted by JRScott View Post
              You have to get to the point that you accept that there is a better future even if the present is kinda bad.

A truck, tools, etc can be replaced in the future after your past these bad economic times. Sometimes we become to attached to stuff. You have to disassociate yourself with the stuff. It's really the only way, also keep in mind we tend to overvalue our belongings.
              Thats not it...Im not attatched....If I had good resources to replace the things that they can take after this is over then hey...no sweat. Even without our creditors we only make enough to pay the mortgage and utilities and not much else. After this we will have no credit also. Without transportatio I can not get to a job (I cannot rely on my current job, been laid off once allready)...without tools I cannot do any work.

Comment

Originally posted by justplaintired View Post
                You make it because you have to. You mentioned family, so you make it for them. You find another truck more tools. You remember this time in your life and vow never to go back there again.

Do some checking on what exemptions you have see if your things are covered. You may just be surprised what exactly you can exempt, but either way, you just remember how bad you feel right now, how scared you are, and do like I am doing, I replay that fear in my head so I never go down that road again.
                Well.....My wife likes your pug avatar. We/ she have one, his name is brutus. A bit overweight and lazy but hey he is himself.

You are right I need to get to a lawyer and go over everything. I have been trying to get as much info as I can first but am down to my list of assets.. I know there is a way. We have a family....minor children involved...they cannot just destroy us and send the kids into a foster home. The kids need to be able to get to school and the doctor. Look screw the motorbike, if they take it they wont want it after I get done with it anyway. It was cheap and I am in the buissness so getting another one will be a challenge but doable. The truck (it a 4 door)is HER transportation and it is only worth 3600 with 1500 owed om it.

Comment

Originally posted by crashzx View Post
                  Well.....My wife likes your pug avatar. We/ she have one, his name is brutus. A bit overweight and lazy but hey he is himself.

You are right I need to get to a lawyer and go over everything. I have been trying to get as much info as I can first but am down to my list of assets.. I know there is a way. We have a family....minor children involved...they cannot just destroy us and send the kids into a foster home. The kids need to be able to get to school and the doctor. Look screw the motorbike, if they take it they wont want it after I get done with it anyway. It was cheap and I am in the buissness so getting another one will be a challenge but doable. The truck (it a 4 door)is HER transportation and it is only worth 3600 with 1500 owed om it.
                  Well, you see, you are figuring it out all ready. Now your tools may be exempt, what kind of word to you do? Tools of your trade usually are exempt as the Court knows you need them to recover. Used tools do not bring a whole lot of money. Go to a large flea market and there are old tools everywhere. Even craftsmen wrenches for like fifty cents.

We have all been where you are now and we all know the sickening feeling in our gut about what do I do now? Once filed you will start the healing process. The big secret is, learn now to downsize your lifestyle and start practicing it. There are many more in the same boat as you, and with our crummy economy, more will come. The forgiveness of debt is waiting for you to act and it will be over in just several months. Usually close to three or four. If you don't get into the practice of spending extremely thrifty though, you could be back in this spot again. That is the challenge of bk. 'Hub
                  If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by crashzx View Post
                    Thats not it...Im not attatched....If I had good resources to replace the things that they can take after this is over then hey...no sweat. Even without our creditors we only make enough to pay the mortgage and utilities and not much else. After this we will have no credit also. Without transportatio I can not get to a job (I cannot rely on my current job, been laid off once allready)...without tools I cannot do any work.
                    May I ask how much your mortgage is, and then how much you make?

To be fair to you if the mortgage is more than 25% of your income, you probably need to consider letting the place go unless you can't find anything cheaper in your area (like Southern California is rough on folks in that respect, New York City too).

Comment

JR and others just knocked the ball out of the park!
                      Bk is about a fresh start. You don't want to emerge from bk with the same financial problems that forced you to file in the first place.
                      If your mortgage is taking up too much of your income you need to sell the house and find something cheaper to rent. You also need to try and increase your income. Are you and your wife able to work pt or weekend jobs?
                      At the end of the day, you just do whatever it takes to improve your life post bk.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                        Well, you see, you are figuring it out all ready. Now your tools may be exempt, what kind of word to you do? Tools of your trade usually are exempt as the Court knows you need them to recover. Used tools do not bring a whole lot of money. Go to a large flea market and there are old tools everywhere. Even craftsmen wrenches for like fifty cents.

We have all been where you are now and we all know the sickening feeling in our gut about what do I do now? Once filed you will start the healing process. The big secret is, learn now to downsize your lifestyle and start practicing it. There are many more in the same boat as you, and with our crummy economy, more will come. The forgiveness of debt is waiting for you to act and it will be over in just several months. Usually close to three or four. If you don't get into the practice of spending extremely thrifty though, you could be back in this spot again. That is the challenge of bk. 'Hub
                        Yea that sickning fealing is overwhelming me. Thank you for the words of encouragment. God bless all of you for yor imput.

I am a paint technical adviser/ feild instructor for an auto paint distributor. I paint motorcycles on the side a little to help.

Comment

Originally posted by JRScott View Post
                          May I ask how much your mortgage is, and then how much you make?

To be fair to you if the mortgage is more than 25% of your income, you probably need to consider letting the place go unless you can't find anything cheaper in your area (like Southern California is rough on folks in that respect, New York City too).

Mortgage is 1250 and we bring in 4000 so it is right there at 25%. I believe we would be fine if we could just get rid of the credit card 30,000 debt.

Comment

That's close enough that you shouldn't have to consider letting it go then.

As for the tools and things. Make sure you price them as you would for sell in a garage sale, not necessarily to someone that really needs it and is willing to pay top dollar. You might check out second hand sales mags see what folks getting for them or craigslist. You might can find exemptions to cover the tools if they are tools of the trade.

Might also depending on state be able to exempt the truck.

The motorbike unless you have unused wildcard is probably gone.

Try not to let it overwhelm you.

Comment

Hang in there zx! You'll do just fine. Your numbers look good. Remember, with BK all of your credit cards go bye bye...no more of those payments! So when you can, sit down and make a serious budget (including a savings plan). You can do this!!!
                              Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
                              341 Meeting 09/09/09
                              Discharged 11/12/09
                              Closed 12/14/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X