The Ultimate PACER Guide & Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great write up.

Unfortunately the Northern California BK court does not provide a "find case" under Query, which means they will charge me the 0.08 every time I want to look me up for updates...guess I gotta be careful and stay under the $10 radar.
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Will I be able to see a list of creditors on Pacer?

Comment

Originally posted by cantbreathe View Post
        Will I be able to see a list of creditors on Pacer?
        You can see th Creditor Mailing Matrix. This list is actually provided by you or your attorney. Also, if it's a Chapter 13, you should see several creditors on your Claims Register. If it's a Chapter 7, you are unlikely to see claims unless you're an asset case.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I have a tip that I used that prevented me from manually checking PACER throughout the day.

I am OCD when it comes to stuff like this so I have to find a way to relieve the urge to check PACER all the time.

This is for Firefox users:

Go to Tools --> Add-ons
          Click on the tab Get Add-ons
          In the search type Check4Change
          Select Add to Firefox...
          Click the Install button
          After installed select Restart Firefox

Now go to PACER and login
          Query your case to the point where it displays your case info (step 7 from the first post of this thread)
          Now highlight the actual date of last filing (Click and drag across the date)
          Next Right click on the highlighted date and go to the Check4Change menu and select your monitoring interval (I did 1 minute)
          Mine comes up with a little window that says: This tab contains POST data. Press OK to resend this data every refresh.
          Press OK

The next time there is a change to that date the heading on the tab turns RED and it makes a sound.

If you close your browser you will have to go to PACER again and start Check4Change again.

I have been using Check4Change for at least 3 months on PACER and I did not get charged for the constant refreshing of my case info page.

I hope this helps someone. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

Thanks everyone. Can someone tell me if all I am really looking for is something changing in "History"? I think I am going to try the Check4Change idea. Geez, I don't want to run up a bill trying to figure this thing out!

Comment

My specialty...Hi cantbreathe. What you're looking for is for a change of date where it says "date of last filing". So if last time you looked it said 9/10 and today it says 9/14, then something was updated. You can look in History/Documents for the latest filing. Also you can look in case summary if the filings affect your status or flags.
              Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10

Comment

LOL Thanks ccsjoe! , appreciate your help. So far so good. Nothing changed since 09/03. Just today mailed additional docs to atty for 341 on 10/4. It's been quiet since we told collector on their 4th call to STOP calling to repo their quad until after we are discharged. Just want to check Pacer to see if they have tried to get stay lifted or were just jumping the gun, and watching also for BOA on the home. Nothing yet. Thanks again.

Comment

Just registered! Can I find certain attorney cases on here?

Comment

I believe so, however, careful with racking up charges. When you do a query, do so by attorney's name. Is your goal to find an attorney that is well versed in BK? If that's the case, go to your local BK court website, pull up the calendar and click on the dates/trustee names. It provides case hearing information include attorney names....if that's what you are trying to accomplish.

Comment

Thanks! I'm scared I'll be charged out the buttocks if I just type attorneys name. It says its not subject to the 30-page limit charge...

Comment

So what exactly are you looking for then?

Comment

Originally posted by Panacea View Post
                          Thanks! I'm scared I'll be charged out the buttocks if I just type attorneys name. It says its not subject to the 30-page limit charge...
                          What are you looking for? Frankly, you are not going to find much USEFUL information by doing an attorney search. Once you get the list, then you have to click through to cases, then into the petitions. Not sure what you really want to accomplish. PACER is NOT a good way to research attorneys, to costly, and whatever you find isn't that helpful anyway.

But, I believe you can limit your search by date range, so that will limit the number of hits you get.

Comment

Thanks again. I was looking attorney info. Someone else mentioned that this was one way how they researched. Won't be going there then.

Comment

Refer to my previous post a visit your local BK court website then. Free, and you'll find who the regular attorneys in the game are.

Comment

Awesome write up. Very helpful!
                                8-15-10 : filed petition
                                9-15-10 : 341 meeting
                                11-15-10: hopeful discharge date?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X