top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And they say things are getting better. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BobWang View Post
    I am.... For his ineptness... Obummer will go down as the worst president in modern history even worse than the peanut farmer from Georgia....
    Exactly how is he worse than Bush? Has he taken a vibrant economy with a surplus and utterly destroyed it?

Has he started 2 unsustainable wars - 1 on false pretenses?
    Did he approve the United States torturing?
    Was it under his watch that we began the largest financial meltdown since the Great Depression?
    What exactly should/could Obama have done different so far?

Comment

Sure it's getting better. I've got a bridge for sale too.......
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

What worries me most is the amount of civil unrest that is sure to develop when more and more people become homeless with their joblessness. They too have families and need to provide for them and will do anything to survive. If our govt is unwilling or can't defend our country from illegal aliens than they surely won't protect its citizens from the crimes of legal citizens. Obama and his ilk are a curse on this country. I don't see this situation improving in my lifetime even long after Obama is thrown out. I recently drove cross country and almost all towns and cities are suffering his ill conceived economic plan to destroy the average hard working family.

Comment

I'm still waiting for my high dollar "green job".....Like THAT will ever happen..Even though I made the mistake of voting for him, Obama has turned into an elitist who can't see the forest from the proverbial trees..Out of all his promises, he has yet to fulfill one..Wasn't HAMP such a big success..?

Comment

Originally posted by bulletproof77 View Post
            I'm still waiting for my high dollar "green job".....Like THAT will ever happen..Even though I made the mistake of voting for him, Obama has turned into an elitist who can't see the forest from the proverbial trees..Out of all his promises, he has yet to fulfill one..Wasn't HAMP such a big success..?
            Well you didn't make a mistake voting for him -- your really didn't have much of a choice. Sadly we have little hope with the D's and no hope with the R's.

Comment

One simple rule by the Obama administration would have done some good. Tell the big banks that the money they got was to be used only to shore up and fund those good loans that they were behind on funding, most of which were commercial and real estate construction loans. that rule would have forced the banks to take care of what they had promised, kept businesses going on projects they currently were involved in, kept workers on the job, and limited the number of housing mortgage failures. Instead, Treasury Sec. Geithner issued the statement that banks should only use the federal money for NEW loans, not existing ones, giving the big banks the green light to screw over their borrowers right and left and place the good projects into the pockets of insiders' new companies for pennies on the dollar. Is is any wonder that businesses throughout the nation are scared to do anything or hire anyone? As long as such corruption is sanctioned and encouraged by the federal government, no middle class business has a chance.

Comment

I won't get into a political debate here. LOL

I will say though that in my area you would not know there was any kind of recession. Every fast food place and restaurant chain is packed 7 days a week at all hours. Enormous homes are being built and LIVED IN. I cannot believe that someone can actually afford them. New strip malls are popping up all over with high end stores and the parking lots are packed. Man, I hope they are all not living on credit.
                I am NOT an attorney. This is NOT advice.

Comment

ugh, i really think it depends on where one is...

interesting...when we came to where we are now the sub divisions where full of houses for sale and foreclosures....and it's still going on.

our daughter left her house up north and just moved to nc....it's booming there...they can't get enough teachers because of the influx of people ....caterpillar is opening a new factory...the military is opening up a huge officers base....the properties are still really high..there are few good deals around that area...

i guess it's just where you are?
                  Last edited by tobee43; 08-31-2010, 03:06 PM.
                  8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Yup, it's both ways where I'm at. A couple areas are flush with people and cash, yet some others in the same zone are full of empty homes....most notably where the largest home building expansions happened in the last 8 years or so.
                    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
                    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

....and banks like Chase jp Morgan are reporting huge profits (thanks to the Federal Government saving their bacon).....so they are staffing up to sue every little guy who can't pay his 30% interest CC.....

As a country, we have handed the hangmans' noose to our own executioner.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan View Post
                        ....and banks like Chase jp Morgan are reporting huge profits (thanks to the Federal Government saving their bacon).....so they are staffing up to sue every little guy who can't pay his 30% interest CC.....

As a country, we have handed the hangmans' noose to our own executioner.
                        sorry to say...ain't that the truth!
                        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I'm seeing mixed results here in metro Atlanta. On my way to work, I pass two incomplete subdivisions that have been completely dead for 2+ years and are now beginning new home construction in earnest. On the other hand, the AJC reported last week that foreclosures are up 59% over the previous month, mostly due to long-term unemployment.

In terms of politics, IMO, all politicians suck, and they are all useless. We have had such abysmal choices in the last few elections that voting seems completely pointless. In the words of Pete Townshend: Meet the new boss...same as the old boss...
                          DH laid off 3/08 | Last mortgage payment 12/09 | Filed Ch13 5/10 | Converted to Ch7 7/10 | 341 held 8/10 | AP filed by secured creditor 10/10 | Ch7 discharged & closed 11/10 | Foreclosure 10/2011

Comment

Originally posted by researchnerd View Post
                            In terms of politics, IMO, all politicians suck, and they are all useless. We have had such abysmal choices in the last few elections that voting seems completely pointless. In the words of Pete Townshend: Meet the new boss...same as the old boss...

Totally agree! I've said this for years.
                            Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Originally posted by msm859 View Post
                              Well you didn't make a mistake voting for him -- your really didn't have much of a choice. Sadly we have little hope with the D's and no hope with the R's.
                              I have no hope with neither the D's nor the R's. I was desperate then and bankrupt now. And we as a country are in deeper hole.
                              Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

I have no hope with either party, I think we need a true independent party/group that represents that best interests of the people and nation and has the b@lls to fix what needs to be fixed and do away with the unfixables in our economy, damn the special interests and lobbiers. In addition, I think we need to very rapidly look at fixing ourselves internally before fixing the world. As a first step in this direction of fixing ourselves internally, I have filed BK. It takes b@lls, doesn't it? We all know this. That's what our country needs. I, for one, although hate being in the position that I'm in with having to file BK, am putting myself in a position to be better off in spite of surrounding problems! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
                                Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
                                AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X