Pacer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacer

My bankruptcy was filed on July 20, My 341 meeting was Aug. 17. The trustee wants me to provide 2 months bank statements from my wife prior to me filing chapter 7. She is not filing, so I am unsure of what he is looking for ???

Any way I decided to check pacer and my case does not appear on it. I put in the case # on my notice from the US Bankruptcy court and the correct district. Any ideas why it doesnt show ?

Your trustee wants to view the financial transactions both of you did prior to your filing for whatever time period he requested. It's the trustee's job to look for anything that could be fraudulent. The best thing to do is comply with the trustee's request and submit the documents and discuss with your attorney.

As to PACER - July and August being big vacation months, I'll bet they are backlogged due to lack of staff. Others on here with PACER accounts may be able to further help you.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I think that the poster is probably in their "United States District Court" and not their "United States Bankruptcy Court" website! This happens all the time. You can search forever and all you'll find is criminal cases.

Anyhow, just search Google for your Bankruptcy Court like this "bankruptcy court Florida middle district". This will make sure you get the right link. Or just start from the Main PACER search screen... (although I don't recommend the National Search).

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I thought PACER was free?
        Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
          I thought PACER was free?
          Technically, no. There is a charge of 8 cents per page. However, if you accrue less than $10 worth of charges in a quarter, they won't bill you for it. So, it's one of those 'yes and no' types of situations - it depends on how much research you do in PACER.
          Filed: 6/30/2010
          341: 7/26/2010
          Discharged: 10/6/2010

Comment

I have a related question. I'm not having any problem finding my own case (filed August 2, last activity August 20) either from the Federal or the District site. I was wondering, however, are filings that are made electronically immediately included in the Pacer system?

In other words, seems like there'd be a lag time between when I file something and it is scanned into the system, if scanning is what adds it. But perhaps a filing made electronically is immediate?

Thanks.
            11/2008 - Filed Chapter 13
            02/2010 - Chapter 13 dismissed
            08/2010 - Filed Chapter 7 pro se in new district
            09/2010 - Chapter 7 341

Comment

Scanning is different. When a document is scanned, it is usually "QC'd" by your Case Manager who then enters it on the docket. Generally speaking, properly filed documents -- that were scanned or are to be scanned -- show up on the docket within 1 working day. You will notice that the "FILE" stamp shows the day it was received. The docket entry date ("ENTERED") may be different if it was entered on the docket after the "FILE" date.

When an attorney or the Court does something in PACER (CM/ECF), it is generally reflected immediately.
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks justbroke, that's great information for me, especially considering that I'm a pro se filer who inadvertently sent pay stubs to the trustee a bit late.
                11/2008 - Filed Chapter 13
                02/2010 - Chapter 13 dismissed
                08/2010 - Filed Chapter 7 pro se in new district
                09/2010 - Chapter 7 341

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X