top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Before you were discharged, did you feel like you didn't have a shot at it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before you were discharged, did you feel like you didn't have a shot at it?

Some days are better than others this week, but I have come to terms with the fact that if I get my paper work and it seems futile, I just won't file and let my CC's garnish the crap out of me. They can only take 25% right?

Is there anyone who is discharged or getting ready to be discharged that felt like your whole BK was a long shot even after your attorney told you everything would be fine?

Hopefully I will look back at this post some time in January, discharged, and laugh. For now, I guess my feeling hopeless for so long has caught up to me. Or it could be the stacks of bills I had to go through that threw the error of our ways hard, right in my face. It has been enlightening to say the least
    Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

Although my case was fairly simple there were a few moments that I wondered if I would ever get through it. I'm a little over 30 days away and even though I know the CCs don't have a reason to file an AP, I still won't be able to totally relax until discharge. I guess when a lot has gone wrong that past few years, it is easy to expect that everything will go wrong. But that just isn't true, so I try not to go there.

I think filling out the paperwork is the hardest part, but just hang with it because it does get better. I think you are right that you will see your post in January and wonder why you were so worried. That seems to happen to a lot of us. Just read through the posts about the 341. Most everyone is so nervous about it, but in the end it usually works out and they wondered why they worried about it. It will get better. Good luck to you.
    Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
    341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
    Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

Thanks Kartoons...I really appreciate it. There are so many quirky things about my case that I just worry. Hopefully it is all for nothing.
      Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

Comment

I understand. I also had a few issues. One had to do with a student loan disbursement and another was trying to get my title (from a CU with cross-col.) on my car before filing. Every issue I had my attorney told me if it would be an issue or not. Each time she was right. So if your attorney is experienced in BKs, then he/she will know if your case will be problematic. Since your attorney is saying everything will be fine, it probably will be.
        Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
        341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
        Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

ours was extremely complex and really took over 3 years to plan and execute. so yes, indeed...i was scared to DEATH....but we just marched or we pushed ourselves forward.

we all feel like this..it's only natural. this is an extremely stressful and difficult time for everyone that experience this. the ups and downs...continue...even TODAY...and WE ARE DISCHARGED!!!

it's like a lost of a love one in a way....OR.......today it's going to be the beginning of OUR NEW LIVES!!! what will your day be like today??

promise...you'll be fine. once the step has been taken the relief will be unreal...such a burden OFF your shoulders and a heavy burden it is.

but plan, think this thru...it's hard, but you'll find the not only the questions...but you'll find the right answer for you.
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

As certain as I may seem of everything, and as much as I trust our attorney, I feel our sometimes might be a long shot. We are well over median, passing means test borderline, and playing some legality cards to get it rammed through. So far so good, but the trustee will be taking a look at our case this week. So I am getting nervous, yet confident, yet nervous, yet confident, etc. Do I sometimes think we shouldn't have? Yeah, sure, but those times are far and few between now, non-existent at this point.
            Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
            AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

omg!! i feel the exact same way!!! i haven't even filed yet and i feel like its a long shot....i'm under the median income but i also feel like everything has been not in my favor this whole year....i'm tryin to be optomistic but its really hard.... :-/

Comment

Yes, I thought mine was a long shot. My attorney kept saying everything was fine. I believed him after a while. ... until my 341. That's when I found out he messed up on my paperwork. I definitely panicked. Shortly after, I received the dreaded "Statement of Abuse" from the UST. I had to dig up more supportive evidence for my case. The UST decided not to fight me on it, and withdrew the statement of abuse. I hope to get my discharge in early October. I think most people go through without any trouble, I guess I was one of the unlucky ones. You'll probably be fine, but don't panic if something unexpected happens. In the end I'm glad I went through with it. I won't feel completely calm until the discharge, but things are looking good for now! I wish you the best of luck.
                Filed: 6/26/2010
                341: 8/4/2010
                Discharged and Closed: 10/5/2010

Comment

I haven't been discharged yet. I still have 24 days until I should be discharged, but I am starting to calm down a little. When I filed, I was scared to death about the 341 meeting and worried about the unknown. That went by and nothing happened and then I started worrying about creditors objecting (still a little nervous about that) because if the bankruptcy doesn't go through, I am screwed!! I will feel better in 24 days, but the closer it gets the more I relax. It is less stressful then worrying about how I was going to make ends meet and what bills to pay in what order.

Comment

Ours was a very complex case, also. Plus we had what turned out to be a very inept--or very non-communicative attorney, who wasn't bright enough to fix that problem. We had no idea this forum existed until we were well past the 341.

As we started reading and learning, we began feeling better, and you will too. Keep asking questions and learning.

Good luck to you
                    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by tyson24 View Post
                      Some days are better than others this week, but I have come to terms with the fact that if I get my paper work and it seems futile, I just won't file and let my CC's garnish the crap out of me. They can only take 25% right?
                      Don't let any one of them file a lawsuit and get a judgment. If you think filling out the paperwork is stressful, the lawsuits and all of that attendant mess, is an entirely different level of stress.

Fill out your paperwork and get it filed. If you don't understand something, ask. Someone will answer and give suggestions.

Comment

2 have gotten judgments so far. One is Discover and the other Cap One. Cap One should be garnishing any day...either tomorrow or 2 weeks from now. Will they attend my 341?

Comment

I just recently joined this forum and all I can say is WOW. My 341 was July 21st and so this is day 62, I think and I have not received discharge yet, so I'm sweating, hopefully out of paranoia. Spent 5 months before consulting an atty in my own private hell without this great resource. After reading some of your complicated cases I am glad, at least that you have this support. I made mistakes that I would not have made had I come here sooner. My case was simple. Assets were a car and a pricey bicycle were the biggest things. In retrospect, I was lucky.

I am not sure which was a bigger challenge--stopping the torturous process of going through the stack of bills each month, trying to figure out who to pay first and how much, watching my blood pressure go way above normal for the first time in my life, or tackling the paperwork and gathering all of the financial and personal stuff required to file, which seemed like it would be impossible. That process really made me face the fact that I have a negative net value, thanks to worthless student loans and taxes, which are still there, but at least the load will be lighter. It's scary but it's a starting point. I was lucky to have a great atty who was cool as a cucumber throughout the entire process.

I can't give much advice compared to others on this forum, but I really had to force myself to embrace the paperwork, and be as accurate and precise with it as possible. No more stressing over bills. Totally worth the effort!

Now the problem is what the Hell do I do when I get the discharge?? Where do I start? Hope to find all answers here. Hang in there to everyone who is waiting. :-)
                          Filed: 6/14/2010 341: 7/22/2010 Discharged: 9/21/2010

Comment

I owed Crapital One. They did not show up to my 341. No CC companies showed up. Hope same happens for you.
                            Filed: 6/14/2010 341: 7/22/2010 Discharged: 9/21/2010

Comment

Originally posted by tyson24 View Post
                              2 have gotten judgments so far. One is Discover and the other Cap One. Cap One should be garnishing any day...either tomorrow or 2 weeks from now. Will they attend my 341?
                              They may, though nine times out of ten, they don't bother. However, it is my understanding that once you are discharged, you will have to make a motion to your local civil court to have those two jugments vacated. They are 'stopped' or 'tolled' by the bankruptcy, but they don't automatically go away after discharge.

We had two lawsuits pending against us that were moving in that direction. One was for a car note that 'Hub foolishly co-signed for, and the other was a personal loan with American General. We never let them get that far.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X