No announcement yet.

What was your WOW Moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had 2.. The first was 12 days after I filed when I found out I was pregnant.. The second came the next June when I got a notice of dismissal and realized just how much it would break my family if that were to happen.
    Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
    Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
    60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Comment

Lately I have been having a wow moment every time I go to the mail box and find no bills there.
      Filed Ch-7 July 9, 2010 / 341 August 10, 2010 / 60 Day Club Now

Comment

Originally posted by Nopezz View Post
        Lately I have been having a wow moment every time I go to the mail box and find no bills there.
        Me too Nopezz, that and coming home after work and checking my caller id to find out that NO ONE had called all day looking for me! It is such a huge relief.

Comment

I think my first WOW moment was when I got the notice of 341 in the mail. I had the second WOW moment tonight when I pulled my husband's Transunion report. We'd already pulled the other two, but I thought I'd pull the third just for grins. There it is, in black and white, the first entry on his report "Bankruptcy".....wow. No denying it now, it's real.
          Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

My WOW moment didn't come during the bk itself. It was before. When I realized that I was going to have a major problem with paying for summer childcare unless I got the bonus at work. Which isn't guaranteed. And then realized that I still would not make it through the summer even with the bonus. That was the turning point for me when it all became real. The fact that I was at risk of losing my job or having to leave my kids home alone to work. Neither was an option.

Comment

My WOW moment came when I actually filed with my atty and learned that all foreclosure activity would stop on my home immediately! Wells Fargo had screwed me so bad...I had many sleepless nights wondering if a process server would be at my door the next day. Ahh...now I can rest and and now able to actually pay my mortgage!! So great!

Comment

My WOW moment came when I retained my attorney and he said to refer all of the debt collector's calls to his office. It was such a good and peaceful feeling to not have your phone ringing off the hook all day long. It also came after my case was closed and discharged and knowing that all of the debt and stress was legally gone.

Comment

WELLLLLLLL...where is my WOW??? everyone seems to have a few but me?? (((

the filing was a "relief" more than a wow
                  the 341 was scary but "good"
                  the discharge and order to release the estate was "shocking"

but where's the "WOW" LOL!! actually...i think i'm waiting for the bank to finally finish the foreclosure process on the house we left in another state after being served with the summons whilst in loan modification....good ole CHASE....anyway...it doesn't seem "real" and it's been over 2 months since our discharge???

we left the state after living in our house for over 33 years...told one neighbor we were going to one state, another neighbor another state...and so on and so forth...so NO ONE and i mean NO one knew where we went after 33 years...at least i learned how to go "under" ground!!!
                  8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Sometimes, it's just not so simple as "wow".

It can be good or bad and it's different with everyone how they react. Maybe you're just not the wow sorta person. LOL.
                    Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
                    Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
                    60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Comment

My wow moment was when 3 Credit Cards jumped from 0-9% to over 22 % without ever missing a payment the same week my husband had his hours reduced at work, bonuses taken away and realizing our Legal Plan covered a BK attorney.

Comment

The biggest WOW for us happened the last week in December '09. DH and I had been stressed and worried constantly about the mortgage payment (DH was laid off 3/08), we weren't sleeping and were beginning to cut back on necessities like groceries in order to stay current. When we sat down together for yet another discussion about what to do, it suddenly became incredibly clear that we were prisoners in our beloved home and had to walk away. It wasn't a good realization (I had an immediate physical response that you probably don't want me to describe here) but it was realistic. We drew up a pair of timelines that included bankruptcy and foreclosure -- one in which we stayed in the home as long as possible, and the other that enabled us to save the most money. We ended up going for the latter.
                        DH laid off 3/08 | Last mortgage payment 12/09 | Filed Ch13 5/10 | Converted to Ch7 7/10 | 341 held 8/10 | AP filed by secured creditor 10/10 | Ch7 discharged & closed 11/10 | Foreclosure 10/2011

Comment

My WOW moment was when 8:30 AM came and there were no calls from creditors, except for one who took all the BK info and said that she would let them know I wanted to reaffirm. Other than the mortgage co this was the only company I reaffirmed with because my TV was the only thing on the account and they were the only company not to bother me.

I guess the final WOW moment(s) came when I checked Pacer and saw the discharge date, then the closed date followed by the BK court notice the following day. It's over no more CC's.

Comment

Mine was when my attorney said he was going to file, and I checked on Pacer, and there it was.

I had pulled the trigger. My stuff is now "part of an estate". And there is no turning back.

Somehow, seeing it all done up in that governmental, text way (341 meeting date set, trustee assigned, etc ) on a web site drove it all home that yes, this is happening, and yes this is a big deal. And yes, Chase, Citi, HSBC, CapitalOne, etc.... you have been yanking my chain for decades. Now it's time for ME to be doing some chain yanking, and I am just thrilled.
                            Chap 7 Report of No Distribution 12/2/2010. I'm in the 60 day club : )

Comment

My first WOW moment came last night, when I answered the phone and it was a collection agency. As soon as he started his "your debt has been transferred to us" with his threatening voice, I interupted and said "Hold on, I need to give you my BK information". BAM, total attitute adjustment on his part. Just as nice as he could be. I hung up the phone and literally said "WOW!". That felt so good!
                              Filed Ch. 7: 10-28-2010 Report of No Distribution: 12-16-2010 Disharged and Closed 2-18-1011

Comment

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!! it came yesterday!!!! THE WOW is here..... we actually PUT money into a saving account!!!!!...that was after much discussion....we never used to use them (savings accounts)...but i think it's psychologically better to see things in black and white.........whopppppppppppeeeeeeeeeee due....LOL!! i haven't had a regular savings account since i was about 12...

we made out our budget and see we can save X per month....and we did exactly that right up front!! it felt sooooooooo good!!
                                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X