A really amazing lawyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A really amazing lawyer

Well, all who have followed our history here, know of what incompetence that I voiced about our lawyer, who allowed us to make huge mistakes, never gave us guidance, did not follow through with paper work, and took 17 months to file our case, the last working day of the year.

Well, true to form we received a letter from her yesterday, dated October 14, 2010, informing us that our case is now closed with the copy of the closure dated November 3, 2009.

Now that's what I call "taking care of business in a timely fashion." 'Hub

Would anyone like a recommendation or her contact information for such quality service afforded?
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Wow, Hub, I'll take her information and put it in the trash! That is an amazing story. I'm not sure she has it all.
    Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

That's a staggering level of incompetence. Horrible that you went through it, but good that you share your experience so dummies like me get a clue that it's important to vet the lawyers before we hire one.
      There are two secrets for success in life:
      1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Thanks to all of you I am looking into other lawyers. I ASSUMED since the financial counselor that the Foreclosure Prevention Office in my city was paying for, would direct me to the best possible lawyer. But (and I hadn't disclosed this previously), first, my appt was late, altho I arrived 20 minutes early, then the guy kept looking at his watch, and 3rd, I felt pressured to sign them up RIGHT THEN. Thankfully I did not have the money and am now looking into other firms (where the person doesn't yawn and look at his watch while we are talking.)

Thank you all!

Comment

Hub... you might want to try my attorney next time. LOL. while I find it discomforting that there are attorneys out there that deal in "financial" matters... it is just so sad when it happens to a friend. That's just sad sad sad. I wish they rated attorneys like the rate insurance companies (AM Best).
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

LOL at your post Hub, glad to see the trustee or attorney didn't get your sense of humor in the settlement.

Comment

Thats insane 'Hub - incompetence at its best. Glad you finally got the letter though

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                Well, all who have followed our history here, know of what incompetence that I voiced about our lawyer, who allowed us to make huge mistakes, never gave us guidance, did not follow through with paper work, and took 17 months to file our case, the last working day of the year.

Well, true to form we received a letter from her yesterday, dated October 14, 2010, informing us that our case is now closed with the copy of the closure dated November 3, 2009.

Now that's what I call "taking care of business in a timely fashion." 'Hub

Would anyone like a recommendation or her contact information for such quality service afforded?
                wow hub...and we found the BEST atty down here in fl...we were in shock!! i'm so sorry you both had to go through this added terrible stress....

can't you report her to the bar assoc?? or knowing you, you most likely have already...17 months is unheard of. just awful.
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X