top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are so many posts about "how can I screw the bank or my credit card company?"

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my OPINION, Here is the bottom line BKman. Both sides sign a contract. A financial contract is all that is signed. There are no "moral" or "ethical" contracts when it comes to money and the law. The comsumer point of view states " I agree to pay within the terms." The negation side of the consumer contract essentially states that. "If I fail to pay, then the lender can use the power of the law against me." Now "the law" addresses both sides. In my mind, it all comes down to the contract; both sides assume risk. I could care less if the borrower is strategically defaulting or defaulting on debt they could not pay. It is not a moral issue. Both sides "signed on the bottom line." Please correct me if I am wrong. It seems to me you want to tie moral and ethical considerations into a financial contract. Such considerations are in you and other's heads. They don't exist on paper. If the laws allow consumers to default and drag out the consequences and live "free of charge" for months or years, then you should be addessing the laws, not the consumers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bkman2 View Post
      BITTER, BITTER, BITTER. Nice to see that everyone has taken my saying that "IF" you are extending things and "IF" you are doing things that don't help you in the end and "IF" "MAYBE" the advice you give may not be all that wise to a new person you should re-think it to "YOUR NOT BETTER THAN ME, YOUR JUDGING ME, GET OFF YOUR SOAP BOX". So much anger and just waiting for a target to shoot at.
      This made no sense to me.
      Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
      Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
      60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Comment

Wow- What a forum! Pwesonally I would like to say that without the BK Forum I would have been lost. I LIKE having the knowledge of how to stay in my house. It saddens me very much that I will be losing it unless I somehow attain a full time job again. (Currently working temp - after a long year of not working). I WISH I'd found this forum earlier, before I cashed out my 401k and spent all my savings (They would have paid for the BK!)

I need the knowledge of what to do. How to proceed. What to expect.

There will always be people who take advantage of things - this is not what the BK Forum is about,

I am just so very, very grateful for finding this site. Thank you to all of you.

Comment

Originally posted by discouraged View Post
          There will always be people who take advantage of things - this is not what the BK Forum is about,

I am just so very, very grateful for finding this site. Thank you to all of you.
          Ditto and very well said.
          Filed Ch. 7: 10-28-2010 Report of No Distribution: 12-16-2010 Disharged and Closed 2-18-1011

Comment

Okay, there is more than enough emotion at play here, and I believe that everyone is a little too sensitive. This thread has run its course. It is now time to go to bed and get a good night's sleep. Tomorrow is a new day, and things will look better in the morning. Good night.
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X