BK not an issue for new securities job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BK not an issue for new securities job

OK, so a lot of you know that right before my 341 I was actively engaged in a new job prospect with a national securities and banking corporation. To clarify, I do have a job, this would be just a better job.

I did, during the final stages of interviewing, disclose that I was going through an active BK, not yet discharged and/or closed. There was certainly potential for this to nullify the opportunity.

I just got off the phone 5 minutes ago, they called me. OFFER IS IN UPS OVERNIGHT!!!!

I got the job. I am shocked that being a very visible mid level management position this was not an issue. Kudos to them for being intelligent enough to look at the overall package rather than just the event.

To clarify, they did look at the BK, but placed more relevance in: No derogatories leading up to the BK, and no current overwhelming outstanding credit balances. That's for the credit side. On the job side, they looked at all the skills plus the value-added benefits I bring to the table (public speaking experience, Latin America experience, etc) that are not directly part of the job, but will come in handy in managing the performance and visibility, and it was no contest to whom the position should be offered.

Way to start the day!!
    Last edited by ccsjoe; 10-28-2010, 08:10 AM.
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

JOE...how awesome. I knew you were gonna get it. I put in a good word for you. LOL
    filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
    "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

That's awesome! Congrats!
      Filed Ch. 7: 10-28-2010 Report of No Distribution: 12-16-2010 Disharged and Closed 2-18-1011

Comment

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!! i did...i told you, you will GET this job!! you have too much good karma coming to you...they would have been foolish to let you go!!

i'm SOOOOOOOO happy for you!!
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Thanks oregon, dee, & tobee. I'm still in a bit of shock, but yes, ultimately happy with this major improvement.
          Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10

Comment

i'm going miss you on this forum....but i really can't tell you how happy i am for you...don't forget us..
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Why would I be going anywhere? I'll just not be able to be here as much, but definitely not going away by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by ccsjoe View Post
                Why would I be going anywhere? I'll just not be able to be here as much, but definitely not going away by any means.
                first rule...NO COMPUTER abuse on your new job...i can c it now...joe gets filed for being on the bkforum too much!! LOL!! NOT FUNNY!!!

i know you'll just be on later...but i will miss you in my time zone because by the time you'll be getting home from work i'll be on my second grey goose...and if you think i have typo's now...you ain't seen nothing!! LOL!! not really...i tried once to have two grey gooses....but i was on my a.s in a minute!!

Comment

Congrats Joe! Things are looking up!

Comment

Congrats, Joe! I, too, knew you would get this job.

This gives me even more hope for my post bk life (although finance is not my area of expertise). And kudos to your new company for hiring you based on your skills and qualifications, and not dismissing you due to your bk. Based on this, I should think it would be a great work environment.

Good Luck!!
                    Filed Ch 7 Sept '10, 341 Meeting Oct '10, Discharged Dec '10, Case Closed Jan '11

EQ 2/8/11 - 584, 6/2/11 - 677

Comment

Congratulations Joe!
                      Filed: 6/30/2010
                      341: 7/26/2010
                      Discharged: 10/6/2010

Comment

Wooo Hooo!! Congrats!!!!!
                        "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

JO, congrats, I hope my hubby can get a job real soon and join you in a celebration.....best of luck
                          Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

Pandora, onthefence, Freddy, wondering and fallonedward, thank you all. I hope the fact that I was able to secure something in finance, plus the insight they shared with me about how they weighted the bk vs. all other events can give some here reasonable hope and optimism.

Comment

Hey, as my mom always told me, "If it's meant for you, you'll get it." Congratulations!!!
                              Filed Pro Se Ch. 7 on 7/7/10 341 Meeting 8/19/10
                              Last Day for Objections 10/18/10 Discharged to a Fresh New Start 11/1/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X