AAFES Star Card Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AAFES Star Card Information

I have seen some posts in the past on this but with no answers.. Not sure where they are now. I thought I would give some accurate information.

My husband is Active Duty Army. He has a star card and a take it home today card through aafes, I also have both cards as well under seperate accounts.

We filed bankruptcy on 10/14/10... I recieved letters from AAFES yesterday stating that are debt would be wiped clean or that we could call a 800 number provided and request reaffirmations.

We chose reaffirmations on all four of the accounts. It has to be approved by the judge, but I don't see a problem with it.

Hopefully this will help any military members out there

Originally posted by 21bwife View Post
    I have seen some posts in the past on this but with no answers.. Not sure where they are now. I thought I would give some accurate information.

My husband is Active Duty Army. He has a star card and a take it home today card through aafes, I also have both cards as well under seperate accounts.

We filed bankruptcy on 10/14/10... I recieved letters from AAFES yesterday stating that are debt would be wiped clean or that we could call a 800 number provided and request reaffirmations.

We chose reaffirmations on all four of the accounts. It has to be approved by the judge, but I don't see a problem with it.

whats a star card?
    Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
    Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
    Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

Originally posted by scorpion35 View Post
      whats a star card?
      It's a credit card for military personnel. I'm not sure why you would want to reaffirm it.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

i doubt any judge will approve it

Comment

Originally posted by scorpion35 View Post
          i doubt any judge will approve it
          me too....at least not in florida!
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

That is correct; it’s a credit card for Military. We are reaffirming because there are privileges through AAFES that we would lose if we do not reaffirm. Our trustee said that it is routinely reaffirmed for Military members. I was just hoping to help out other in question about the process with them.

Comment

That is correct; it’s a credit card for Military. We are reaffirming because there are privileges through AAFES that we would lose if we do not reaffirm. Our trustee said that it is routinely reaffirmed for Military members. I was just hoping to help out other in question about the process with them.
              21, yes, i understand there are HOPEFULLY some exception for our wonderful people and their spouses in the military...after ALL...it's the VERY least the government can do to assist you while you have sacrificed so much for so many.
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                21, yes, i understand there are HOPEFULLY some exception for our wonderful people and their spouses in the military...after ALL...it's the VERY least the government can do to assist you while you have sacrificed so much for so many.
                i agree

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X