Refinance house just before filing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Refinance house just before filing

I was offered a absolute no charge refinance by my mortgage co that will lower my interest rate, with no credit check, cost or nothing. They tell me that this is a goverment program and would close in 19 days. This will lower my monthly payments by $130.00. I do plan on keeping my house after filing. I plan to file in Dec or Jan.

Question is - This will not have any impact on my chapter 7 will it? As I do plan to keep my house and keep paying.

Any idea what this "government program" is called? I have not heard of anything that closes that fast as of yet. Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Hlc View Post
      Question is - This will not have any impact on my chapter 7 will it? As I do plan to keep my house and keep paying.
      If you're income is over median, the lowered payment could make a difference in passing the means test.

Originally posted by mrskal View Post
      Any idea what this "government program" is called? I have not heard of anything that closes that fast as of yet. Just curious.
      If it's a Fredie Mac or Fannie Mae loan, it sounds like the Making Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) http://makinghomeaffordable.gov/refi...igibility.html

Maybe HARP refinances are being processed faster than HAMP modifications. The lender can run a credit check and charge fees, but they don't have to.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X