top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can HOA retain a $150 “post bankruptcy legal fee” when refunding overpaid dues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Can HOA retain a $150 “post bankruptcy legal fee” when refunding overpaid dues?

filed for chapter 7 8.6.10, discharged 11.9.10. Post-BK hoa dues paid on time for August, September, October, and November. Bank sold condo at sale 9.28.10. No notice to me or HOA. I asked for refund of oct and nov dues, HOA admits to billing lender for those months. Offers me 2 months refund less $150 legal fees. Attorney invoice to HOA:
    "owner lost home to lender foreclosure. attorney's fee for monitoring foreclosure process, obtaining trustee's deed with new owner information and preparing closing letter for client with new owner name and address=total $150/**you may add this charge to owner's account**"I'm not delinquent on my "account", so don't they have to petition the court to add to a discharged BK case?
    I contacted 3 attorneys already, but the amount I'm seeking isn't worth their time. A few mentioned this may be a post petition violation and that I should take them to small claims court. How do I find out for certain that I can win this case?

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X