Dell computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell computer

If someone has a Dell computer, (financed thru dell) and files for bankruptcy, will Dell want the computer back. The same for Sears, does Sears want their TV back?

I have a Sony Vaio laptop through Circuit City (Chase). No one came for it. Odds are no. It'll cost them more to come get them than to let them go.
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

They might, however it is doubtful. When they want for you to re-affirm the debt, tell them to come and get it. Just understand that the possibility is there that they might actually do that.
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by DYLAN150 View Post
        If someone has a Dell computer, (financed thru dell) and files for bankruptcy, will Dell want the computer back. The same for Sears, does Sears want their TV back?
        No. In fact my girlfriend went through this with a Dell laptop when she filed over 5 years ago. Our attorney said wait for them to call and if they do, demand that they either send a courier to your house to pick it up or that they send a postage paid box with packing material.

Dell will very likely just write this off. Otherwise they get stuck going through all that trouble for a used computer only worth a couple hundred dollars.

Comment

LOl!!!! i think dell would have to send someone all the way from India...it would most likely serve them cheaper to allow you to keep you computer...
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
            LOl!!!! i think dell would have to send someone all the way from India...it would most likely serve them cheaper to allow you to keep you computer...
            tobee, I recommend they tell Dell to "POUND DIRT" or if the creditor is from India, say, "Please to be pounding dirt!"

I love that phrase and perhaps the moderators can add a pound dirt smilie to this board!

Comment

love the POUND dirt!!

i was so upset with dell ....customer service..terrible....computers now made so cheaply!
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

The idea that Dell would want back their used computer is laughable at best. Even if it was a current model, and only a few months old, it would be unprofitable to go through the legal motions to recover the property. A computer that's a year old or more is worth so little, and frankly would be worthless to a company like Dell. After all, in order to resell it, they would have to spend money "refurbishing" it and then stand behind it with a warranty. There's no way on Earth they'd do that, knowing full well that modern computers are designed to outlast their 1-year warranty and "drop dead" a few months later.

Comment

I believe companies that actually go through the trouble of reclaiming items you purchase would be local stores like small, locally owned furniture stores. Other than that, I believe major corporations such as Dell, are making plenty of money and can simply write off a computer. So call their bluff and you should be fine.

Comment

No. Dell in particular, no, possibly because they realize so much of their gear is re-sold by middlemen.

The only vendor with a reputation for playing around in bankruptcy is Best Buy (HSBC bank is the creditor). If you check out the Repossession forum here, you'll find stories about folks filing and getting a threatening letter from lawyers representing HSBC (Best Buy card issuer). But in most cases if you ignore them, they go away.
                    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Right, I had a Dell account at the time I filed for bankruptcy. Dell never did once wanted my computer back even though I made payments on the account prior to filing for bk. Yes, for those with Best Buy accounts, be careful with them, just never know.
                      Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
                      Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

I have read on other sites that sears will occasionally show up at a meeting of the creditors and demand items back....in one case they even demanded tires back that were ON a vehicle.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X