bankruptcy debt buyers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question bankruptcy debt buyers

I found info on pacer that some of my debt listed in chapter 7 ( filed at the time but not yet discharged) was sold to a company specializing in junk bankruptcy debt. They requested info be sent to them. My question: do I need to to add them to my matrix, or is the notice already sent to the previous owner sufficient.
    I have no problem paying $26 if this will be of any advantage to me in the future
    I also filed pro se if that has any relevance

i personally, would add everyone and my mother and my mother's mother...

american express listed us 5 times!!! so i listed them 5 times on our petition...the trustee's office ask me why...i said because that's the way they reported it and i wanted NO STONE unturned.

it's ok even if you don't know the exact amount just list that as "unknown"...but make certain to get the exact address and account number so the creditor is notified property. that's the key. and, although really, if you listed the original creditor in many cases it will fine, it's still best to list everyone you can...and keep thinking about little bills that may not seem important etc.

best of luck..it will go fine..
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

If they've filed a request for notice in your bk, they obviously have notice of it and there is no need to list them. This is especially true if they purchased your debt after the date of your filing.
      Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

thankyou MSbklawyer...that makes sense to me
        So they bought this debt knowing it was in bankruptcy? It is difficult for me to understand why.....

Comment

Very well known practice among JDB's. You would probably be shocked to know how many they collect on too. They are crafty and primarily use intimidation coupled with a not so educated consumer to collect. I would not spend a dime on them as long as the OC IS listed in your BK. At most, I MIGHT fax them your case number with your lawyers contact info. They will usually go away.

Comment

Originally posted by done11 View Post
            So they bought this debt knowing it was in bankruptcy?
            They most likely bought a portfolio of bk debt, including chapter 7 and 13. A lot of people, and I do mean a lot, never complete their chapter 13, leading to it getting dismissed instead of discharged.

When this happens, you have collectable debt.
            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I just saw these people on my pacer also, requested to be notified. I googled them and they buy bk debt. I filed chapter 7, so what could they possibly want with me? Is this something I need to be concerned about?

Comment

Originally posted by jemma View Post
                I just saw these people on my pacer also, requested to be notified. I googled them and they buy bk debt. I filed chapter 7, so what could they possibly want with me? Is this something I need to be concerned about?
                as long as they were notified i think you will be fine and i know it's worry some, however, as the PP's above explained, more than likely these debts were purchased from the creditor a bit late in the game. but most likely they figure what the heck do they have do lose. actually nothing and everything. they are spending their money on an uncollectable debt.

like frogger points out they most likely brought these debts hoping you may not go through the entire process.
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Some debt gets sold multiple times. We are STILL getting harassed on some telephone bill I never knew about by various and different CA's. I laugh and trash. 'Hub
                  If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X