No announcement yet.

Background Check post-Ch. 7 - Healthcare position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AACCKKK!!!! i was just catching up on some posts. annie.....did i miss how this all came out. I'm biting my fingernails, can't stand the suspense.
    filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
    "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Same. I'm also biting her fingernails.
      There are two secrets for success in life:
      1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

hi debee....how yah doin???? i need to warn you.
        i spent the day working in the yard and i still haven't gotten all the dirt cleaned from under my fingernails yet. LOL

Comment

Gross. You should have been baking cookies. I guess it's time for me to take up toe-tapping, or pencil biting.

Doin' fine, btw. U?

Comment

Doin great. Planting flowers actually has fewer calories involved than baking cookies.
            I have OCCDDD (obsessive compulsive cookie dough dipper disorder) nope i'm not stuttering. LOL
            Working in the yard is a low carb activities
            Last edited by oregonpilot; 06-29-2011, 10:40 PM.

Comment

"As the Garden Grows, so grows the Gardener." No idea who said it, but it rings true. I don't think there's anything better than puttering in the garden. Hopefully annie's not on the forum because she's too busy workin'.

Comment

Hope so. And sleeping at this time... her time.... and not working a night shift.
                You're in our thoughts annie!!!!

Comment

Annie is still job-searching (and wishes she had $ for a flower garden!) Still waiting to hear on the most recent job; a decision-maker had to go out of town. I'm not holding my breath, though. I am hitting the temp agencies today.

This is an icky feeling folks. Not to be high on myself, but I've always been "in demand" when job hunting. As in an offer for every 3 interviews. The only thing that has changed since my last job, which also required an in-depth background check, is my BK last year. That, and I'm a few years older!
                  Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
                  New Job 7-2011

Comment

Positive thoughts headed your way CA - keep the faith m'dear ;)

Comment

Let's hope that people are really out of town...some employers take a LOOONG time to come to a decision!

Comment

Here is the response I just received, via email:

We wish to thank you for your interest in our company. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you a position.
                        We wish well in your future endeavors.
                        Sincerely,

Guys - these was for a commission position - not really even cash out of their pockets. I think I am never going to get a job again. I did email them back and basically begged them for the reason. If it is not the BK and I am getting a bad reference, or something (can't figure how this could be, as it is the same resume/companies for my last job which required a background check) I need to know or my kids and I will be homeless eventually.

What a kick in the gut.
                        New Job 7-2011

Comment

Annie I'm so sorry...for whatever it's worth, I sent out over 120 resumes last year after layoff, and took me from July to Nov to find a job...for less...although I did turn one down because I wasn't sure I could do the job.

Forgive me but are you around Chicago?

Are you targeting a particular industry/job??

Originally posted by chicagoannie View Post
                          Here is the response I just received, via email:

We wish to thank you for your interest in our company. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you a position.
                          We wish well in your future endeavors.
                          Sincerely,

Guys - these was for a commission position - not really even cash out of their pockets. I think I am never going to get a job again. I did email them back and basically begged them for the reason. If it is not the BK and I am getting a bad reference, or something (can't figure how this could be, as it is the same resume/companies for my last job which required a background check) I need to know or my kids and I will be homeless eventually.

What a kick in the gut.

Comment

Oh, Annie - I really thought you would get the job. I'm sorry. I'm also sorry you had to find out from such an impersonal email. I think/hope you are being paranoid about your background check. You will get a job and whatever happens, you and your kids won't be homeless.

Try to put this out of your head and enjoy the holiday with your kids.

Comment

Hey Annie,

Haven't had an update from you in a bit, how's it going?

Comment

Hi guys - hope everyone is well and staying in the shade. I'm still job hunting. Hate to p1ss and moan! Of interest, I applied online to Edward Jones and was called. After a 16 page job application, a 2 hour phone interview, and a 2 hour in-person interview (this is for an office administrator position) I am still in the running. They run a very in-depth background check (financial industry.) I advised the corporate phone interviewer that I had filed BK last year and she had me include it in the job app (which never specifically asked about BK.) I was told they take a while to hire and the guy I'd work for is going on vacation the 1st week of August he told me not to get discouraged if I don't hear something right away.

Other possibility is with a health care company my neighbor told me was hiring. They called the same day I sent my resume and I interviewed yesterday. Also advised them I had filed BK and these folks gave me a tour of the office and sent me for drug testing, even after that little tidbit. Waiting for their corporate office to run background and I had to sign some FCRA papers so they must run credit even though in Illinois it is illegal to deny employment based on credit.

Oh - and I was late with my rent - really late, paid on the 16th - and my landlord stuck a note on my door wishing me well but he is not renewing my lease so I am going to have to find a new place. again. My only hope is if I land a full time job - maybe I can pay him like 3 months in advance - then I'll NEVER be late. I m looking for some light at the end of my tunnel!

I AM working part-time, though. Just about 18 hours/week but it is something.
                                New Job 7-2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X