No announcement yet.

Background Check post-Ch. 7 - Healthcare position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow Chicagoannie, when it rains it pours!!!! Best wishes to you and fingers crossed for the jobs you mentioned!!!!

Comment

Keeping my fingers crossed for one of those jobs. The drug testing sounds like a positive thing along with the tour!

Hopefully you have some time with the current lease so you can get on your feet before you have to find another place.

Keep us posted, thoughts and prayers are with ya!!!!
      Filed CH 7 4/15/11
      341 5/23/11
      DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

Thanks to all who followed this post and encouraged me. Remember, I filed last Nov with $.14 in the bank, no job, 4 kids and no unemployment benefits! I finally landed a job - I start next Tues. This employer said the background check and references (along with my skills!) were what mattered to them (and in IL, employers are not supposed to use a BK filing in hiring decisions.) My new job is less than I made before but I am so grateful to know that I'll have a paycheck soon!
        Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
        New Job 7-2011

Comment

Congrats! Awesome and so happy for you! It was just a matter of time (even though it seemed like forever at times). Hopefully you can celebrate with a treat. Good Luck with the new job.

Comment

Whahoooo!!!!!!!! Congrats and est wkshes fo new job!

Comment

OHHHH annie....I am soooooo happy for you. YEAH, AWESOME, SO GLAD!!!!!
              filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
              "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

I am so happy for you, Annie!! Yay!
                ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Annie, I was curious - did you get the nursing job or the financial industry job?

Comment

Glad you found a job, Annie!
                    There are two secrets for success in life:
                    1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Congrats on the job
                      Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chicagoannie View Post
                        Thanks to all who followed this post and encouraged me. Remember, I filed last Nov with $.14 in the bank, no job, 4 kids and no unemployment benefits! I finally landed a job - I start next Tues. This employer said the background check and references (along with my skills!) were what mattered to them (and in IL, employers are not supposed to use a BK filing in hiring decisions.) My new job is less than I made before but I am so grateful to know that I'll have a paycheck soon!
                        sure do!! that is so wonderful annie. i'm so happy for you, it's so well deserved!!!

you have to make certain and check in after next tues. to let us know how it went
                        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by APL View Post
                          Annie, I was curious - did you get the nursing job or the financial industry job?
                          APL - I accepted a position in health care - professional sales, but not nursing (I wish I'd had that degree!) before I heard back from Edward Jones. But when I advised the E-J HR person I'd been dealing with at their corporate office (I had to fax over an explanation of my BK and discharge papers, and a court paper showing a bounced check case had been paid and discharged from 2004 to her) about my accepting a different position, she said for me to contact her if I ever decided to try for another E-J job again - they are in just about every town. So I think she was saying that I would have been ok to hire (they had run my background check) and that I met their criteria for employment, which was very very strict, in my opinion.
                          Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
                          New Job 7-2011

Comment

So happy to hear your good news!

By the way, isn't there a law that makes it illegal to discriminate against someone in employment for declaring bankruptcy?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X