Hyatt Legal plans attorneys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hyatt Legal plans attorneys

Hi all - I have a question that I hope is a simple one. I currently pay into the Hyatt Legal plan thru my employer, I am wondering what is the caliber of these attorneys? This plan covers the cost for the attorney, but not the filing fee.

I have contacted a few attorneys thru the plan and attorneys outside of the plan. When I have asked attorneys contacted outside of the plan if they were a member, they kind of snickered and said no.

Am I shooting myself in the foot if I pick an attorney from this plan? Are the attorneys in this plan just as good as the attorneys outside of it?

My attorney was paid for by Hyatt - no issues and I should be dismissed at the end of the month.
    Jessica
    Filed Chapter 7 (Minnesota): 5/23/11
    Discharged 8/30/11, Not yet closed...

Comment

Personally, those attorneys who were 'snickering' were wishing they were a part of something like that. We have PrePaid Legal, they are top AV rated attorneys. Handled everything, cost a fraction of what an outside attorney would have cost us. PrePaid Legal pays those firms literally hundrends of thousands of dollars a month or more depending on how many members are in each state.

Comment

My suggestion is to evaluate each attorney without regards to whether they are covered by the plan. This is not a place to bargain shop. But, if you like two attorneys equally and one is a member of the plan and therefor less expensive, go with the plan member.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I had Hyatt Legal plan for many years, then let it go last year to save some money - stupid, stupid.

IMO those attorneys are the way to go. I interviewed several BK attys, and I would have given anything to be able to afford a Hyatt attorney to handle my BK instead of the cut rate guy I used.

I guess it's the same as anything else, you may want to interview a couple of Hyatt attorneys, however I think most people you talked to who have used them have glowing reports about them. Not to mention the money you'll save.

The next open enrollment that comes around, I am signing up for Hyatt and I never want to be without them again. Good luck to you.

Comment

I signed up for the Hyatt Legal Plan two years ago so we could redo our Wills and the estate attorney we went to is one of the best in our state. I would not hesitate to go with that service as there are many excellent attorneys now signed on with it. You should be able to check what attorneys are with the Plan in your state/area before you sign up.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Thanks everyone for the great responses. Needless I will try to make use of this opportunity. This plan saves me almost 3k in attorneys fees. Now, because of income, I need to see if I will pass the Means test....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X