Met with attorney this morning-need advice/feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
    just wondering why you changed your mind about your posts. i read it and you made some valid points to think about??? just to point out to you, we stopped paying and were never asked by the trustee what we did with the money. although, had we, we would have said it all went into the move.

if OP is moving, all the money saved can be spent on relocation since if one is no longer able to afford where they live, they are making an effort to downsize to a level where it's better for them financially. actually, one would think a trustee would think that wise?
    I was sorry to see that the post had been deleted before I could read it-from your post I gathered that Gophers brought up the fact that we would have generated all of that excess money, etc... I found another attorney who is much more experienced in these issues (foreclosure and BK) and will see what they say their experience has been here in NJ. toobee makes a good point-obviously we'll be moving because the bank will eventually throw us out-some of the money will be spent on rent and moving expenses-the rest will be put toward another home, but not until our credit clears up of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel73L View Post
      I was sorry to see that the post had been deleted before I could read it-from your post I gathered that Gophers brought up the fact that we would have generated all of that excess money, etc... I found another attorney who is much more experienced in these issues (foreclosure and BK) and will see what they say their experience has been here in NJ. toobee makes a good point-obviously we'll be moving because the bank will eventually throw us out-some of the money will be spent on rent and moving expenses-the rest will be put toward another home, but not until our credit clears up of course.
      our moving expense exceeded 15k, but we moved 1800 miles away with very little left! it still costs that much. also, new rent, new types of expenses, legal fees, etc.

just one point to remember, we waited two years before filing because we didn't want to go federal and we needed to be a proved resident of florida for 2 years to enable us to claim the wildcard exemption. so of course, it's difficult for a trustee to go back over a 2 year time period prior to our filing to ask us where are money went. it was easily answered if asked. it honestly went into relocation, medical and living costs since we both lost our jobs.

always be truthful and forthright, it really pays in the end. see if you can get your hands on an actual federal petition and make certain prior to filing that you can honestly answer each question to the best of your ability the way you want to. i.e. an example for us was we had two questions that we needed to answer NO to, however, we needed time to pass to be able to answer those questions with the response of NO. it's just thinking ahead a bit, that's all.
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X