No announcement yet.

Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've already told my daughter to call and tell them to come and get the Suv. I want to make sure that it is gone before she leaves Philly. she lived at home before her employment in Philly, so I guess we're back to square one. our unemployment rate around here is very high.

Comment

Daughter update: my daughter has now moved home with her 2 kids. we are now trying to get the oldest in school.(7) my daughter has the money from her last 2 pay checks plus a tax return. my question: do we try to pay down her debt with the money? we could probably take care of it all, except for the Suv. she has no job, or transportation yet. she hasn't filed for assisitance yet, but will within the next few days. thanks again for any help.

Comment

since you have provided sanctuary as a safe haven for her and her children, which i'm certain includes food and shelter, if it were my daughter, i would have them get rid of all the debt and have a fresh start in at least that area. after she files for assistance, she then can begin to learn to budget her money collectly and hopefully work something out about the car.

best of luck
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I hope by now the SUV has been surrendered? I would not recommend paying anything towards the debts. She will need every penny she makes to pay for living expenses going forward. Instead, you should hold the money on her behalf so it cannot be garnished. Also, I suggest you buy a cheap used car--without financing it--and title it in your name only. Then make sure to add her to the insurance, and give it to her to drive. Most job applications explicitly ask if you own a car/have reliable transportation, so the fact of the matter is that she needs a car in order to find a decent job.

Comment

I agree with 99.9% of what you say bcohen.

I know why you told the OP to title the vehicle in his name - BUT should his adult daughter (who is essentially judgment proof) have a wreck and heaven forbid she be at fault and damages are high (perhaps in excess of the liability limits) - the injured are going to go after the legal owner of the vehicle - the OP. Just a thought I am throwing out there.
            ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
            Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X