Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question To Worry or Not to Worry

Hi,
    I have a question that I hope someone can help answer.
    The Law firm I hired in "07" decided to stop doing BK's and gave my case to the Attorney of record who seems to have jumped off a cliff, I cannot locate him anywhere and I feel he has abandoned me. My Chapter 13 appeared to be up for completion on either 2-23-12 (date filed in "07"), 3-29-12 (341 hearing in "07") or 6-17-12 (date confirmed in "07") not sure when 60 months starts, this is why I needed an attorney.
    I scrambled to get ALL the money owed to the trustee and when they got it all, it appears I am 2 weeks late (going into month 61) so says trustees office.
    The trustees office said that the trustee will have to go back in front of the judge to ask that my case be thrown out?? or to go ahead and pay off creditors??.
    Now the big question.....does anybody know what I should expect.
    I can't even talk to another attorney because my missing attorney is still on record and needs to be taken off so no one will talk to me.

If the attorney is truly missing, then you'd have to petition the court to have the attorney removed. You really need to stay on top of this since it reads as though the Trustee is threatening to dismiss the case! There are several things that need to be done to shutdown a Chapter 13 case and to get the discharge completed. You really need representation.

Any new attorney should be able to help you remove the old attorney if the old attorney is truly "gone".
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you for responding.
      I will try, try again to get a new attorney....this sucks!

Comment

Yes, it does. Some people get to the end of their Chapter 13 only to find out that their attorney had actually passed away! It does happen.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X