No announcement yet.

Is PACER really useful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay.... I'm sold! I signed up for PACER and today I downloaded every document related to my case. Grand total... $13.80. Well worth it! Thanks everyone for you insight!
    The Bajan
    Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
    Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

Now, just stay out of PACER until July and you will have NO BILL!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
        Now, just stay out of PACER until July and you will have NO BILL!
        Understood.... thanks!
        Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
        Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

I am 2 years into ch13, I tend to check it about twice a month, mostly because I do not trust my lawyer to be timely (pre-confirmation I had to get on him about some things that he was not handling in a timely manner). If you are careful in how you use it you can check if there is any new filings to your case without any cost. At this point I have viewed every document that has come in at some point in time and I have not hit the minimum to be billed in any given quarter. ... I am sure you read it in the other thread but the trick is to pull up your case and look at the date of last filing, you can do that without incurring cost and then only if you view something deeper than that do you have a cost ( and then only if you go over the limit for the quarter).

The OCD thing was certainly an issue for me pre-confirmation, I spent far too much time checking more than once a day for any updates to my case.... but after confirmation I have stepped back to checking once or twice a month just so that if something comes in I can get on my lawyer if necessary.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X